Trudoxhill Parish Council Meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 14 May 2020, 5.pm, Virtual Meeting
Present: C Bonham Christie (CBC)(Chair), D Francis (DF), C Kenyon (CK), R Masson-Taylor (RMT), S Salmon (SS), D Valentine (DV)
Cllr Michael Gay
Clerk: Rachel Nield
20/109 Disclosure of Interest
20/110 Minutes of the last meeting
These were approved as an accurate record.
Meeting suspended to take questions or comments from the Public
Cllr Michael Gay reported as follows:
- Updates from Mendip District Council (MDC). Cllr Gay wanted to ensure that businesses that might qualify for grants to assist them are aware of these and that they should contact MDC. If they are experiencing problems with this, they should contact Cllr Gay.
- Also, it has been agreed that rebates are available to businesses. More details are available on the MDC website.
- Nunney Catch. Sarah Davies has been instructed and will contact the Trudoxhill Parish Council (TPC).
- Trespass. There have been reports of trespass and damage in rural communities with reports of increased incidents of walkers straying from footpaths. Cllr Gay is monitoring this. There have been reports of poaching in the neighbouring parish of Witham Friary.
20/111.1 Application Number 2020/0696/FUL
Proposal: Erection of 2no. Stables. Location: Land Adj. To 1 Fairview Foghamshire Lane Trudoxhill Frome Somerset. Applicant: Mr Lee Maidstone. Application Type: Full Application.
DF proposed that the application be recommended for approval. CBC seconded the proposal.
RESOLUTION: Councillors voted unanimously in favour of the proposal.
20/112.1 The clerk had shared the latest financial statement with councillors electronically. The Council ended the financial year within budget. The fundraising account has £3,054.41 from money raised and donations. The business account ended the year with a total of £454.55.
RESOLUTION: £2000 to be transferred from the current account to the fundraising account for use in the community.
20/112.2 Accounts for payment were agreed as follows:
- £100 K Gale, Grass cutting in April
- £72.80 N Dean, Printing of ‘Your View’
- £140.12 Clerk’s salary for April
20/112.3 The clerk confirmed that L Carter had kindly agreed to undertake an internal audit of the Council’s accounts, as required for the end of year financial submission.
- SS is in communication with the clerk of Nunney Parish Council regarding developments at Nunney Catch garage and the Greggs outlet. This will be on their agenda for discussion at the next Nunney PC meeting. SS will share any communication and outcomes with Cllr Gay.
- SS and CK are dealing with a track surface in the village at Gare Hill that has caused problems for residents.
- SS continues to monitor potholes in the parish. Potholes on the road surface at Iron Mills Bridge and Foghamshire Lane have been reported.
SpeedWatch is not operating currently but there is an increase in speeding in Trudoxhill (and other villages). Residents are asked to let the TPC know () of any incidents or report directly to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/. The Police may decide to put police cars or bikes on stretches of road causing problems.
DF raised the issue of fly tipping and was pleased to note that the rubbish left near Bunns Lane had been removed.
20/105 Correspondence and Emails Received
- The clerk reported that Planning Enforcement Dept had confirmed that they will investigate 2018/1645/FUL, Grange Farm Ridgeway Nunney Frome Somerset BA11 4FG. Regarding habitation in Trudoxhill. Planning Enforcement requested further information that had been sent on.
- Notification of Playground inspection in June by RoSPA had been received.
20/106 Other Business referred to the Clerk
MDC has confirmed that Friday 22 May is the deadline for them to receive any applications for the role of TPC councillor. A new councillor will be added to the agenda for June’s meeting.
20/107 Date of next TPC meeting
The next meeting will be a virtual meeting on Thursday 4 June at 5pm.
The meeting closed at 17:34.