Trudoxhill Parish Council Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7th March 2019

Present:  P Twigger (Chair), C Galpin, C Bonham-Christie, C Kenyon, D Valentine, S Salmon2 members of the public, District Councillor R Skidmore
Clerk:  R Nield
Apologies:  R Masson-Taylor

______________________________________________________________________

Declarations of Interest:
None

11.0 Minutes of the last meeting:
Having been circulated, PT signed the minutes as a true and accurate record of the
meeting after noting the amendment raised by CK, namely that 10.1.2 Decision to divert part of public bridleway FR21/85 at Forest View was not yet approved as the deadline for comments regarding this was 7th March 2019. Decision to be confirmed.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35pm for:

Members of the public comments:
There were no comments

The meeting resumed at 7.35pm

11.1 Planning

10.1.1 Decision notice 2018/2824/CLP was read out by PT. Planning permission is not required.

11.2  Past subject matters
11.2.1 Somerset Wood WW1 Memorial. Following the request from the parishes of Cheddon Fitzpaine and West Monkton for financial support for maintenance of trees for the first 5 years, CK proposed a single donation of £25 for each of the 3 parishioners to be remembered from this Parish. Agreed unanimously.

11.2.2 The Public Sector Bodies (websites and mobile applications) Accessibility Regulations. CG has asked Mats to assess work required and estimated cost and it waiting to hear more. CG asked for this to be an agenda item for the next meeting.

11.2.3 Keep Britain Tidy – Great British Spring Clean, 23rd March 2018. PT has confirmed refreshments with Angela Steele before the start of the litter pick. PT has some sticks. CK to arrange collection of plastic bags and pick up of rubbish and has ordered additional sticks (10). CG has produced posters and CK and DV offered to help put these up around the Parish. DV has included this in the most recent of Your View.

11.2.4 Fund Raising Event. RMT has proposed a Cheese & Wine event to be held in the village hall. There was a discussion around the detail of the event and costs. RN to confirm maximum possible numbers and insurance. SS to contact RMT to discuss further, confirm date and bring more detail to the next meeting.

11.2.5 Nunney Catch Parking. SS reported back on her meeting with Nunney Parish Council members. Both Parishes agreed to work together to improve this for parishioners as it creates problems and health and safety issues daily. Actions agreed were:

  • Double yellow lines may alleviate the problem
  • Residents to be encouraged to complain
  • SS to write to the Highways Dept regarding their approval of the modification to the original planning application

11.2.6 Parish Boundary. SS and CG met with Nunney Parish councillors and shared the TPC view that the boundary should not be changed, which was agreed by Nunney councillors.

11.3   Correspondence and Emails
11.3.1 Death of a Senior Figure. Mendip District Council (MDC) have asked that all parishes consider what their response will be in this situation. Discussion included the erection of a flagpole to display a flag and the opportunity to contribute to a Book of Condolence. It was agreed that this needed further thought and discussion. Item to be added to future meeting agenda. RN to respond to MDC email and advise that we will reply with any proposed arrangements in due course.

11.3.2 Somerset Waste Partnership. Agreed that bank holiday collection details will be added to the website and communicated via eNewsletter and Facebook(CG).

11.3.3 National Parking Enforcement. Request to complete survey by 12th March. SS to complete.

11.3.4 Flood Prevention Works Auction. Information has been shared via the eNewsletter.

11.3.5 Clerks’ Briefing. Somerset Association of Local Councils (SALC) have notified us of the annual meeting for Clerks (free event). This is 12th April in Somerton. RN to confirm her attendance.

11.4   Finance
11.4.1 – Confirm receipt of current financial statements dated 31st March 2019: It was noted that the financial statements had been circulated by the Clerk and that all expenditure had been kept within budget.

  • – Accounts for payment:
  • Mendip Community Transport bus subsidy £248 (includes £202.93 previously paid, but cheques not presented for payment and now cancelled)
  • Village Hall re friendship Café £22
  • N Dean Your View printing £72.80
  • C Galpin Gift for postman £5

 11.5   Items to report
11.5.1 – Highways. The dangerous parking of lorries on the verge and generally around Nunney Catch Service Station at peak times continues to cause concern. SS reported that she had met with Nunney Parish councillors regarding this (see 11.2.5 above). SS has received an email from a parishioner regarding quarry lorries driving through the village and the deterioration of potholes on the road out of Trudoxhill towards the A361. SS has responded to the email and included these points in the list of issues she has sent to the Highways Dept. SS asked the Speedwatch group to make a note of quarry lorry registrations if seen in the village. The need for more Speedwatch volunteers was also noted.

11.5.2 – Your View. DV confirmed that the latest edition of Your View has been published online and that hard copies would be distributed by week commencing 11.03.2019.

11.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk
11.6.1 Neighbourhood Watch. CK reported that he has made contact with a parishioner who is enthusiastic about starting a Neighbourhood Watch scheme and will apply to do this online.

11.6.2 Clerk’s Training. SALC provide essential training courses for Parish Clerks. As a newly appointed clerk, RN asked for approval to attend these sessions to allow her to support the Parish Councillors appropriately and efficiently. This was approved unanimously. RN to book attendance.

The meeting closed at 9.05pm

The next Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 4th April 2019 in Trudoxhill Village Hall. The Chairperson will be Cllr Twigger.

For the attention of Mr D Valentine, Mr C Bonham-Christie, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Mr P Twigger and Mr R Masson-Taylor                                    

 District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham 

Upcoming Events
Aug
25
Sun
14:30 Sunday Teas at Marston Church @ Marston Church
Sunday Teas at Marston Church @ Marston Church
Aug 25 @ 14:30 – 16:30
Enjoy Tea and homemade cakes and the lovely view from Marston Church. Music will be played in the church by traditional musicians during the afternoon.
Aug
26
Mon
10:00 Keep fit
Keep fit
Aug 26 @ 10:00 – 11:00
 
14:00 China Restoration
China Restoration
Aug 26 @ 14:00 – 16:00
 
Categories
Archives