Trudoxhill Parish Council Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 3rd January 2019

Present:           C Kenyon (Chair), C Galpin, C Bonham-Christie, P Twigger, D Valentine, S Salmon,                         4 members of the public
Clerk:               C Galpin (Acting)
Apologies:       R Masson-Taylor

_________________________________________________________________________

Declarations of Interest:
None

9.0 Minutes of the last meeting:
Having been circulated, CK signed the minutes as a true and accurate record of the
meeting.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35pm for:

Members of the public comments:
There were no comments

The meeting resumed at 7.35pm

9.1 Planning

9.1.1 Decision notice 2018/2782/FUL was read out by CK.

9.1.2 Proposed diversion of part of public bridleway FR21/85 at Forest View, Gare Hill – The official route of this bridleway currently runs through the garage of Forest View and therefore needs to be updated. Whilst the diversion of the path was supported, it was noted that the new owner of Forest View would prefer an alternative route. CG to respond to SCC Rights of Way.

 

9.2 Past subject matters
9.2.1 Winter Rock Salt provision – After a number of phone calls, PT has advised SCC of the bins to be topped up.

9.2.2 Children’s Christmas Party and Carols. CK thanked Clare Midgely–Jewitt and all involved in organising these successful and enjoyable annual events. A surplus of £121.97 was put into the Fund-Raising Account towards children’s activities.

9.2.3 Christmas Fair. This was another successful event and RMT has reported that a total of £2001 was raised for Village Hall funds. CK thanked RMT and all involved in organising this event.

9.2.4 The Public Sector Bodies (websites and mobile applications) Accessibility Regulations. Mats has had a preliminary look at this regulation and finds that our website complies with parts of the regulation and that the deadline for compliance is 23/9/2020. It may be possible to gain exemption and CG will contact SALC for guidance. If SALC advise further work is required CG to ask Mats for a quote.

9.2.5 Neighbourhood Watch. PT has contacted the Somerset Watch Scheme Administrator who has provided details of how to move forward with a scheme. This needs to be taken forward by a local administrator and CK to contact Roy Thomas to see if he wishes to take this on.

9.2.6 Recruitment of new Clerk. Advert has been placed in Postlebury News, eNewsletter and online. Closing date is 20th January. There has been one expression of interest to date.

9.3   Correspondence and Emails
9.3.1 Mendip Community Transport – Whilst it was felt that we do not currently have the funds to provide a grant to MCT, CG to respond to MCT letter offering to promote their good work in Your View.
9.3.2 Somerset Waste Partnership – Receipt of newsletter was noted and information on Xmas collections, Xmas tree disposal and SWP eNewsletter offer has been passed onto parishioners

9.3.3 Keep Britain Tidy – Great British Spring Clean. – Date for spring litter pick set as 23rd March (weather permitting). CK to arrange collection of plastic bags and pick up of rubbish. PT to ask Angela Steele if she still wishes to provide bacon rolls ahead of the litter pick. If not the pub will provide coffees.

9.3.4 Fostering in Somerset – CG to respond asking for text to put in next edition of Your View.

9.3.5 School Admissions Consultation – Details have been circulated to parishioners via eNewsletter.

9.3.6 Frome Saxonvale Redevelopment – Details have been circulated to parishioners via eNewsletter.

9.4   Finance
9.4.1 – Confirm receipt of current financial statements dated 31st December 2018: It was noted that the financial statements had been circulated by the Clerk.

9.4.2 Set Precept for 2019/2020 financial year – After reviewing projected expenditure for the coming financial year and precept information provided by MDC, it was resolved to set the 2019/20 precept at £5,500.00. CG to submit precept form to MDC. Consideration to be given to explaining the use of funds to parishioners in the next edition of Your View.
9.4.3 – Accounts for payment:

  • Moson Solutions – Domain Name renewal £30.00
  • S Salmon – Thank you gifts for musicians £18.50
  • C Galpin – Thank you gift to postman for delivering Your View £4.00

9.5   Items to report
9.5.1 – Highways to include Speedwatch Reports and Road Closures – On-going communication with Highways re potholes. Some repairs have been done and further work planned for January including road closures in Cheese Hill and Foghamshire Lane. Speedwatch report for December indicated one in 20 motorists driving through the village exceed 37 mph. A further volunteer has joined the Speed watch team. CG to circulate details of road closures.

9.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk
9.6.1 A VAT refund of £218.09 was received on 22 November 2018.

9.6.2 Parish Boundary – SS reported that a Nunney Parish Councillor has raised the issue of the small part of our parish on the Nunney side of the A361 as to whether that would be more sensibly included within Nunney Parish boundary. SS to investigate Nunney Parish Council proposals and report back.

 

The meeting closed at 9.05pm

The February 2019 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 7th February in Trudoxhill Village Hall. The Chairperson will be Cllr Kenyon.

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives