Trudoxhill Parish Council Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2018

Present: C Galpin (Chair), C Bonham-Christie, P Twigger, C Kenyon, D Valentine
                          5 members of the public
Clerk: Emma Curtis
Apologies: Received from S Salmon, R Masson-Taylor

_________________________________________________________________________

Declarations of Interest:
None received

5.0 Minutes of the last meeting:
Having been circulated, CG signed the minutes as a true and accurate record of the
meeting.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35pm for:

Members of the public comments:
A lady requested support from the Parish Council regarding the planning appeal at Marston View, Marston Bigot.  She commented that if approved it may set a precedent for future development and it was in the wrong location.  She asked that the Parish Council support her decision to refuse.  CG commented that it was an item for consideration on the agenda and would be considered during item 5.1.

Another lady asked if the Parish Council could support the concert being held on 22nd September as hardly any tickets had been sold despite promotion.  She commented that it would be awful if the concert needed to be cancelled due to lack of support.  CG confirmed that Councillors would share the information with their contacts.

The meeting resumed at 7.45pm

5.1 Planning
The following Decision Notices were noted: 2018/1785/DEM and 2018/1786/AGE,    
2018/1822/AGB, 2018/1823/AGB, 2018/1824/AGB and 2018/1825/AGE

The following Planning Appeal Notification was considered: APP/Q3305/W/18/3194428 Marston View, Marston Bigot, Frome – PT commented that the site was only supposed to be temporary until a suitable site had been found.  CG stated that the Parish Council had declined the application when first submitted and this should be upheld.  CK mentioned that a new paper had been submitting giving reasons for object to the application due to visual impact.  To conclude, it was resolved that the Parish Councils original observations should be upheld and that CG would draft a response for the Clerk to submit to the Planning Inspectorate.  CG to draft response and Clerk to submit to Planning Inspectorate.

5.2 Past Subject Matters
5.2.1 – Maintenance Update: CG reported that there was no update on the damaged wall at the pub.  DV confirmed he had found the damaged branch at Mulberry House and had freed it from the tree and placed it on the ground.  It was confirmed this was no longer a danger.  It was noted that the repair works at the Chapel had still not been completed and the Clerk confirmed she would chase this up. Clerk to follow up regarding the Chapel
5.2.1 – Cllr Training Booking: The Clerk confirmed all three Councillors wished to attend the training on Wednesday 19th September and would book their places.  CBC, RMT and CK to attend training
5.2.3 – PT confirmed that he had manged to sort out the change of signatories and removal of old signatories with the bank.  The Clerk confirmed that all updated forms had been submitted to TSB and thanked PT for his assistance.

5.3 Correspondence and Emails
All correspondence was considered.  CG commented that SS was interested in the Community Connector Training and the Clerk suggested she register an interest and find out further information, this was agreed.  It was resolved the CK would draft a response to the LGA Green Paper regarding Adult Social Care and Wellbeing.  PT confirmed he would be attending the next PACT meeting and requested any issues be reported to him.  He stated that he had reported some recent fly tipping.  CG read out the Monthly Beat Report for July.  Clerk to register interest for Community Connector Training, CK to draft response to LGA Green Paper and PT to attend PACT meeting.

5.4 Accounts for Payment
The following payments were approved and signed by two banking signatories:
5.4.1 Grasscutting – Kev Gale – £100
5.4.2 Clerks Wages – £121.30
5.4.3 Clerks Mileage – £20.70
5.4.4 Came & Company Insurance – £330

5.5 Items to Report
5.5.1 Fundraising Ideas: DV stated he had requested this as an agenda item in order to consider ways to raise funding for the Parish Council.  He questioned whether fundraising was required, and if so how this could be achieved.  Various options were considered.  CG commented that should the final total of installations reach 50 he would contact Voneous to ask for the promised £250.  CBC stated that a further donation may be received shortly.  PT suggested sponsorship for Your View may be an option.  The Clerk confirmed she would check whether the Council was eligible to claim back VAT or if this was capped for smaller Councils.  Council resolved that if this was the case, the Clerk was to proceed with a VAT reclaim. CG commented that following a conversation with the Clerk prior to the meeting it had been suggested that the Parish Council discuss further fundraising ideas in conjunction with next year’s plans and budget at the November meeting.  All agreed and it was resolved to proceed with this. Clerk to check whether TPC are eligible to claim back VAT, and if so, proceed with VAT claim.
5.5.2 Draft minutes procedure: CG pointed out that at the Clerks advice minutes should be published as draft until approved and signed at the following meeting and should therefore be published with a draft watermark.  He confirmed that this was the correct procedure and proposed that this procedure was adopted.  All voted in favour of adopting this procedure.
5.5.3 Highways to include Speed Watch report: CG read out a report from SS in her absence.  It was noted that Speed Watch was still producing good work but more volunteers were still required.  It was reported that there was still a queuing problem at Nunney Catch Roundabout and that the PCSO would be visiting the garage to review the issue but that photographic evidence would be required.  It was noted that potholes would be reviewed in October.

5.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk
5.6.1 Insurance Renewal: The Clerk confirmed that insurance had been undertaken with Came and Company and all documents had been received.
5.6.2 Cllr Roles and Responsibilities list: The Clerk stated this list had now been finalised.  CG stated there was a typo at the bottom and requested this be updated prior to publishing the list.  The Clerk confirmed she would amend this.

5.7 Exclusion of Public and Press (Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960) to exclude the public and press for the remainder of the agenda items due to their confidential nature (HR Matters): CG thanked the members of the public for attending the meeting and requested they vacate the meeting.  All members of the public left.

5.8 Confirm and sign Clerks Contract of Employment: The contract was reviewed by Council.  CG and the Clerk then signed and dated the Contract of Employment.

The meeting closed at 8.15pm

The October 2018 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 4th October in Trudoxhill Village Hall. The Chairperson will be Cllr Galpin.   

For the attention of Mr D Valentine, Mr C Bonham-Christie, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Mr P Twigger and Mr R Masson-Taylor

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham

Categories
Archives