TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on Thursday 2nd August 2018

PRESENT: D Valentine (Chair) C Galpin, C Kenyon, S Salmon, P Twigger, C Bonham-Christie and R Masson-Taylor (newly elected), 6 members of the public

CLERK: Emma Curtis

APOLOGIES: None Received


Declaration of Interests:

Received from PT – agenda item 4.1


4.0 Minutes of the last meeting

Having been circulated, DV then signed the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:


Members of the Public Comments
:

No comments received

Co-Option of new Councillor:
TPC had read the application from Rohan Masson-Tyalor who was then proposed by PT and seconded by CG. A vote was taken with all Cllr’s Approving the Co-option, it was therefore resolved to co-op Mr Masson-Taylor. Mr Masson-Taylor signed his Acceptance of Office in front of the Proper Officer and was invited to join the formal meeting. A Declaration of Interest form was issued and once completed the Clerk will forward to MDC.

The meeting resumed at 7.40pm.

4.1 Planning

PT left the meeting at this time

2018/1645/FUL Erection of hay barn and retrospective siting of mobile home for use as dayroom (not dwellinghouse)
Grange Farm, Ridgeway, Nunney
After discussion SS proposed the application was supported providing all planning conditions were adhered to, all voted in favour with RMT abstaining as he was not aware of the application. Clerk to respond to MDC.


PT re-joined the meeting.

4.2 Previous Subject Matters

4.2.1 Co-option administration: The Clerk confirmed previous Clerk had sent all information to MDC.

4.2.2 Cllr Roles and Responsibilities – new arrangements: The Roles and Responsibilities list was reviewed and updated in detail. Clerk to update and circulate list

4.2.3 Bus service cancellation update: CG confirmed that the bus service had ceased on 18th July and that the one user had been notified. He confirmed there had been posters on the noticeboards and an article in Your View but that the church magazine timetable needed removing.

4.2.3 Maintenance update: PT confirmed he had completed the silicone sealing on the millennium stone but that due to the design of the stone rain and dust would more than likely get in. He commented it may need sealing one a year. PT also confirmed he had fixed the fence. SS said she was still waiting for a response regarding the damaged wall by the pub and evidence showing it may have been damaged by a Highways van. To report back at a later meeting. SS stated she had been to look for the broken branch near Mulberry House but couldn’t locate it. DV confirmed he would conduct a site visit and speak with the homeowners.

4.3 Correspondence

All correspondence was considered. The Clerk confirmed she would circulate information on Cllr training to CK, RMT and CBC and book their places if they were able to attend. In regard to The Chapel the Clerk confirmed she would continue to liaise with all concerned regarding the ongoing maintenance issue. SS stated she had emailed Euro Garages regarding the lorries queuing at Nunney Catch Roundabout and blocking the road and was waiting for a response. DV commented he had signed a letter which had been sent to Paul Candy regarding the signage which was being taken seriously.

4.4 Accounts for Payment

4.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

4.4.2 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

4.4.3 HMRC – £97.40

4.4.4 Website Maintenance Moson Sol – £162

4.4.5 Village Hall Friendship Café Hire – £22.00
4.4.6 Your View printing Nev Dean – £72.50
4.4.7 Mendip Community Transport – £60.85

4.4.8 Direct debit Sovereign playground maintenance – £17.99

4. 5 Items to Report:

4.5.1 Broadband: CG provided an update on the Voneus contract stating that so far 60 installations had been booked for free installation. He stated that the system should be up and running by the end of August, beginning of September.
4.5.2 Highways to include Speed Watch Report:
SS provided an update on the Speed Watch team and summarised the statistics for July. SS commented that the team was fantastic but could do with further help and urged any residents who may be interesting in joining the team to come forward.

4.5.3 Your View – final admin: DV stated that the publication was ready for distribution. PT, CK, CG and SS all volunteered to deliver some copies.

4.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

4.6.1 Insurance renewal: Cllrs had all received copies of the quotations received. CK proposed that the Came and Company quotation was accepted. This was seconded by CG and all voted in favour of securing the policy through Came and Company. Clerk to complete paperwork.

4.6.2 Administration issues to confirm with new Clerk: SS said that the previous Clerk had passed on the keys to the noticeboards. DV and CK agreed to update the noticeboards on behalf of the Council as the new Clerk does not live in the village. It was confirmed that the Blue Box would cease to be circulated, but that all emails with information to be considered at meetings would be entitled Blue Box so that Cllrs were aware.

The meeting closed at 8.40pm

The September 2018 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 6th September in Trudoxhill Village Hall. The Chairperson will be Cllr Galpin.

For the attention of Mr D Valentine, Mr C Bonham-Christie, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Mr P Twigger and Mr R Masson-Taylor

District Councillors: Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham .

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives