Trudoxhill Parish Council Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1st November 2018

Present:  S Salmon (Chair), C Galpin, C Bonham-Christie, P Twigger, D Valentine, C Kenyon,  D Skidmore
3 members of the public
Clerk:               None
Apologies:       Received from R Masson-Taylor and Clerk Emma Curtis

_________________________________________________________________________

Declarations of Interest:
None received

6.0 Minutes of the last meeting:
Having been circulated, SS signed the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35pm for:

Members of the public comments:
A lady highlighted a problem getting in touch with the correct authority to deal with a broken street light. SS to follow up with Somerset County Council.

The meeting resumed at 7.40pm

7.1 Planning
7.1.1 – Notification of Appeal Hearing Details APP/Q3305/W/18/3194428, Marston View, Marston Bigot: It was agreed that CG will present Trudoxhill Parish Council’s views at the appeal. CG to draft text and circulate.
7.1.2 – Decisions Notices and Approvals were read out by SS.

7.2 Past subject matters
7.2.1- Maintenance update: Guttering/roof repair still outstanding at The Chapel. Gentleman arranging repair on behalf of chapel has had health problems along with a problem with the builder. SS has suggested new builder. Clerk to follow up.
7.2.2 – Children’s Christmas Party and Carols: Clare Midgely-Jewitt is progressing. Musicians and pub booked. CBC kindly offered to provide Christmas Tree for centre of Trudoxhill by 15th Dec.
7.2.3 – Village Hall Christmas Fair: The event is being publicised in Postlebury News and Your View. Auction prizes going well, also draw prizes, but could do with more. 7 stalls confirmed. All to contact SS with names of additional potential stall holders and further draw prizes. Cllrs to attend if possible.
7.2.4 – Litter Pick: Grass still too long. To be deferred until the spring.
7.2.5 – Your View – Progress Review: DV reported that he has enough content for Your View. CG to provide words for Voneus update and other items thrown up by review of Parish Plan. Clare to provide artwork to promote Xmas party. SS also mentioned a Somerset Waste Partnership recycling promotion, which could be publicised on the website, or a future Your View.

7.3   Correspondence and Emails
7.3.1 – Frome Rural South Monthly Report: SS summarised crime statistics and current rural crime priorities.
7.3.2 – New PCSO joining the beat: New PCSO Mandy Ware has been invited to attend a TPC meeting. DV to respond to policing questionnaire.
7.3.3 – County Roads Mendip – Winter Maintenance: SS summarised letter. There is a reduction in funding. Less roads will be treated this winter. Parishes will now have to pay for rock salt for grit bins and other roadside heaps/bags. There is the possibility of sourcing this locally if cheaper than via LA contractor.
7.3.4 – Library Service Redesign Decision: No impact on Frome library
7.3.5 – Speedwatch Reports: 100 speeders logged and warning letters sent. Thanks, were given to our local speed watch volunteers. More people required to spread the load and ensure this happens into the future.

7.4   Finance
7.4.1 – Consider budget requirements, objectives and action plan for 2019/20 financial year: Discussion deferred until December meeting. Template for recording items circulated by the Clerk and Cllrs asked to consider ideas for next month.
7.4.2 – Confirm receipt of current financial statements dated 31st October 2018: It was noted that the financial statements had been circulated by the Clerk.
7.4.3 – Accounts for payment: No details due to Clerk’s absence. Clerk will send cheques to Patrick for for signing by two signatories.

7.5   Items to report
7.5.1 – Highways and Speedwatch Reports: Nunney Catch Lorry Parking. Lorries queuing/ parking to access Euro Garage and Greggs at peak times is causing the road to be narrowed and sometimes blocked. Access for local residents, including a paramedic is sometimes blocked. Verge is being damaged. Yellow lines would help, but response from Highways to SS letter has been that they are unlikely to act and dangerous situations should be reported to the police. SS to send letter to Cllr Skidmore who will press our case with Somerset County Council and Highways, but Cllr Skidmore warned that Somerset County Council are severely financially constrained. SS has also written to Charlie Higgins detailing 12 issues with local roads. A small amount of work has been done locally, but more outstanding.
7.5.2 – Parish Plan update: SS, CBC & CG met on 23 Oct to conduct a 6-monthly review of progress. CG gave an overview of changes which included: Speedwatch scheme more volunteers required; Village parking ideas to be sought via Your View; new village activities ideas to be sought via Your View; broadband update; wish to improve communications via website and social media.

7.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk
7.6.1 – VAT: Clerk has submitted VAT reclaim to HMRC. Awaiting refund.

The meeting closed at 8.37pm

 

The December 2018 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 6th December in Trudoxhill Village Hall. The Chairperson will be Cllr Salmon.  

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives