TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on the 7th July 2016

 

PRESENT:            P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, C Midgley, S Salmon, A Steele, J Symes

4 members of the public

CLERK:                   Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:          Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore

 

Declaration of Interest:

None.

 

3.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed them off as a true copy.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

Michael Gay (Parish Councillor from Wanstrow) gave details of, and answered questions about, the proposal to reinstate the local bus route which has been withdrawn. The bus has been a life line for some people as well as a benefit to the community, helping to counteract the wider issue of rural isolation. Mendip Community Transport have been given a bus and plan to introduce 2 return trips to Frome each Wednesday morning. The first leaving at approximately 10am and the second at 11am with a ticket cost of £7.00 return. If 23 people use the service it would break even but MCT need any potential losses underwritten. It is suggested that the scheme be piloted with the parishes of Witham/Wanstrow/Batcombe and Trudoxhill supporting the launch and underwriting the scheme (£300 per parish = 25% of the potential £1200 loss if the scheme does not attract any passengers). Full details of various issues such as the route/timings are still to be finalised as is the possibility of Frome Town Council underwriting 20%, thereby reducing contributions to 20%. If parishes are in agreement with the proposals, it will probably start in September and after 4 of the 6 week pilot, MCT will review with interested parties. The decision will then be made to continue or stop the scheme. Michael is working very hard with Mike Curtis from MCT and expressed his thanks that he was invited to join the meeting to give the background. PT thanked him for his efforts and the issue would be discussed later in the meeting (3.6.1).

Meeting resumed at 7.55pm

 

3.1 Planning 

Application No: 2016/1376/FUL + 1377/ADV. Work to ATM at Nunney Catch. Cllr’s could see no problems with this so voted to Recommend the Application

Application No: 2016/1436/HSE + 1437/LBC. Disabled lift and associated work. Mr H Dalgety, Millards Hill House. Cllr’s felt that the scheme presented was unobtrusive and thorough. All vote to Recommend the Application

App No: 2016/1161/HSE MDC has Granted Permission for the construction of a double garage at Wyndham, Trudoxhill. Cllr’s expressed surprise and disappointment that there were no conditions attached to the permission as they had suggested re the use of more sympathetic building materials. However the Case Officer has made no comments on this.

 

NB At this point the Chairman stated that since the Agenda had been circulated the TPC have received a very bulky application for extensive internal and external alterations and refurbishment to Marston House, Marston Bigot. App No: 2016/1531/LBC. The deadline for comments is July 21st. The Case Officer, James U’Dell, has said he would not have enough time to study any points made by the TPC if our decision is delayed to the scheduled meeting on 4th August.  It was agreed that there would be an additional TPC meeting held on MONDAY 18TH JULY from 7- 8pm in the Village Hall to look solely at this application. The reference materials will be circulated at the end of the TPC to all Cllr’s, starting with JS, so that all are fully briefed before the meeting.

 

3.2 Previous Subject Matters

3.2.1 Drainage at the Old Orchard site. Julian Haines, Land and Project Engineer at MDC, has visited and photographed the site and stated that “I do not believe that the recent development would have any bearing on the surface water problems in the village”. He will however revisit the site once the third build has started and has asked SCC to clear gullies further up the road. The Clerk will follow up and has copies of the long email if parishioners wish to be sent a copy. Email her with requests, please.

3.2.2 Queen’s 90th Birthday event. This had been a great success and pictures will be on Your View. The Clerk had written to thank all helpers, especially Dean Silvester and the Village Hall Committee

3.2.3 Parish Plan. CG suggested as there is always a time limit to the monthly TPC meeting, a subcommittee should be established to look at the ongoing work identified in the 10 year plan. JS volunteered to work with CG and an attempt would be made to widen the group by asking for volunteers from the parish.

 

3.3 Correspondence

All considered.No reply from Connor Construction email to Enforcement Officer. Cllr Skidmore had informed TPC that Mr Woodridge had been on 2 weeks leave. Clerk would continue to seek updates.

 

3.4 Accounts for Payment

3.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

3.4.2 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

3.4.3 Expenses. Box files – £10.00. Teak oil for RBC seat/Hasp for notice board – £27.53

3.4.4 HMRC – £94.60

* Clerk informed TPC that CM/CG have suggested potential laser printers and a suitable one will be purchased.

Fund Raising Account – Queen’s 90th event. £429.00 (fairground equipment/delivery/collection), £63.39 (refreshments), £20.00 (thanks you gifts for music etc)

Purchase of bin for Community Garden – £374.94   All from charity donation from local benefactor

 

3.5 Items to Report:

3.5.1 Highways – Moat Farm – Highways visited, plan of action to rectify the drainage problem agreed. Still chasing up information from Rob Davey (Signs and lines). SS will enlist help of Cllr Ham to try to exact a reply. .Road closure at Bruton. Clerk will post information on boards. Flooding at Bunns Lane. Highways have told SS that the land owner is responsible for clearing the ditches which are contributing to the problem before they will act. PT will talk to the owner and ask for his support to rectify this problem.

3.5.2 Maintenance – phone box, still no quotes to repaint despite various people approached. Ongoing situation. Box at Gare Hill is not in our parish. CK liaising with Clerk at Maiden Bradley before any decision about the purchase can be taken. Bin for Community Garden has been delivered but no fixing bolts sent. Clerk to chase up suppliers and PT to install once the bolts have been received. Dog bin ordered and due to be delivered within the next week. PT/JS to fix in place. Thanks expressed to Bill Stafford, a relatively new parishioner, for frequent litter picking from the A361 to the village. Ruth has also been written to in order to thank her for her constant attention along the road to Gare Hill.

3.5.3 Community Garden – CM was concerned about the problems identified in the Rospa report. She is liaising with Sovereign to rectify the situation so will consider maintenance contacts at a later date. Requested funding from Fund Raising Account for matting. Clerk will check with Jen Lewis as there may still be funds left in the TOP’s account. Brambles starting to be a problem so JS will discuss with Kev Gale and also mention the need to leave a gap when strimming around the play equipment.

3.5.4 PACT (Police Area Crime Team) meeting – PT reported back. Parishes asked to look out for potential ‘Rave’ scenes. SID – parishioner suggested moving the one at West End lane further down the main road. It was decided that we need to know where the potential lines/signs are going to be painted and why the police were monitoring speeding outside the White Hart early one morning, to have all relevant information before considering this. Clerk has emailed new PCSO, Lucy Gumm, to ask her to check with colleagues to provide more information. She will follow up.

3.5.5 Connecting Devon and Somerset. PT raised issue of slow broadband speeds and the voucher scheme. CM to compile information for parishioners and send out on eNewsletter and Your View.

3.5.6 Website. CM asked TPC to indicate which dates they have available for a training session.

3.5.7 Village Hall AGM AS reported back and TPC echoed the thanks expressed to Dean Silvester for such a positive first year in the role. Thanks also to Steph Higgins for her support and all the committee for their dedication. Clerk has a copy of the Accounts which will be circulated next month. Quotes being sought for the flooring/heating system. AS had reported state of shed and Dean has asked CM to contact him about the situation. Plans are going ahead for a lamb roast later in the year.

 

3.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

3.6.1 Bus Service. TPC discussed the issues raised at the start of the meeting with Michael Gay. Clerk confirmed that there was money available to support the scheme. Michael will keep us informed and it will be advertised widely. All voted on favour of supporting the community scheme.

3.6.2 Disclosure of Pecuniary Interest. Clerk raised awareness with Councillors that they have information and should remind themselves of the contents

3.6.3 Audit – Exercise of Public Rights is displayed and parishioners can access information from the Clerk between 10am – 4pm weekdays from 27th June – 4th August

3.6.4. Council Support Grant (approx. £124.00 per annum) is being withdrawn in 2017/18 because of budget constraints.

 

The meeting closed at 9.18pm.

 

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 28th July, please.

The August 2016 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm Thursday 4th at Trudoxhill Village Hall

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham 

Categories
Archives