TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on the 7th December 2017

 

PRESENT:           P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, S Salmon, A Steele, J Symes, D Valentine.

9 members of the public

CLERK:                  Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:        District Cllr’s P Ham and D Skidmore.


Declaration of Interest:

None

8.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT signed them off.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

The Council were informed that heavy equipment from the Connor Construction site at Cheese Hill was being moved to Coleman’s Quarry. There were no other comments from the floor.

Meeting resumed at 7.40pm

8.1 Planning 

Application No: 2017/2814/FUL (+ 2017/2815/LBC).  Restoration of 114 Acres of Grade 11 listed Park and Garden including Marston Pond, Thickthorn Wood, Orrey Wood, the Keepers Cottage and Boat House with enabling development to include 20 Lodges, Hub and Reception buildings. Change of land use from Agricultural to Hotel, Leisure and Recreation. Marston Pond, Thickthorn Wood and Horley Wood, Tuckmarsh Lane, Marston Bigot. Mr Charles Bonham Christie. PT read out the details and the Clerk confirmed that all Cllr’s had received the Application to study for several days and had attended a site meeting to ensure they had a full understanding of the issues. CG stated that he felt it was a thorough and detailed application and this was echoed by all the Council members. It would result in the sensitive restoration of two historic buildings and ensure the area would be looked after in the future. He felt that the new buildings would have limited visual impact. The negative aspects of increased traffic should be a matter that needs to be commented on in the response to MDC. SS agreed with these points and added that the potential noise pollution should be considered so that any additional use of the land should be severely restricted i.e. use as a wedding venue with access to the field on the site. DV felt it was good to see the land used in a constructive way. CK felt that at the site visit he was pleasantly surprised that even without a canopy of leaves the majority of the Hub is not visible from the surrounding area and the lodges are hidden by the trees. AS was impressed that the ecology is being considered and welcomed potential rural employment opportunities and the use as a rural retreat. CK and AS and other Cllr’s echoed the concerns about noise pollution and did not wish to see other events being allowed at the site. It was agreed that careful use of low level lighting should mean that light pollution would not be a problem. JS concurred with all the points made and stated that there were several nearby developments which have been granted permission. There appears to be little evidence of a large increase in traffic but there has been a welcomed creation of more local employment opportunities. However, he agreed with all other Cllr’s that the traffic increase could be an issue and the comments from the official consultee’s i.e.Highways should be noted and taken into account when the application is considered.

PT summarised and stated that overall he felt the restoration of the land and buildings was a good thing but this needed to be balanced with careful traffic management as essential if MDC granted permission. A vote was then taken and all of the Council voted to Approve the Application but with our response stating clearly the concerns expressed about traffic and noise. Clerk would send a draft copy to the TPC to check before she submitted the final version before the new deadline date of 27th December.

Charles Bonham Christie, who was present in the audience, informed the TPC that the Site visits for parishioners to be held on Saturday 9th Dec were fully booked and that an extra session was planned. Clerk asked for an update as soon as details were known so that it could be advertised to any parishioners who may be interested in attending. He agreed to do this.

Application No: 2017/2587/HSE. MDC had Approved the Application to erect a new porch at Everleigh Cottage, Trudoxhill.

 

 

8.2 Past Subject Matters

8.2.1 Christmas arrangements. All in place. A generous parishioner had contributes £100 to buy the Christmas tree which JS will collect. Thanks expressed for a very kind gesture.

8.2.2. Venue needed for the next TPC meeting in January as the Village Hall is closed and White Hart restaurant not available on 4th Jan. Will check following week and see if this is a possibility. Decision needed before 15th Dec for Clerk to advertise changes in Postlebury News.

 

8.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT listed them. Clerk will forward an email from PCSO to a parishioner present.

She has also received worrying information about the possible demise of SID or the option of paying for its use. A reply needed asap so the email will be sent to all Cllr’s next week for an initial response and the item added to the January Agenda. Clerk to action. The TPC had received a written response in reply to the Connor Construction letter sent to Enforcement Officer. Julian Thomas is now studying the background as David Woodridge is on sickness absence. Once he has reviewed the ‘considerable and complicated history’ of the case, he will contact the Council. Clerk will monitor. PT to attend PACT meeting on 24th January 2018.

 

8.4 Accounts for Payment

8.4.1 Moson – website – £30.00

8.4.2 MCT – Bus subsidy – £56.92

8.4.3 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

8.4.4 V Hall rental (Friendship Café) – £21.00

8.4.5 Your View printing – Nev Dean – £72.80

8.4.6 Replacing some of fence in Community Garden – L A Ives – £60.00

Sovereign direct debit – playground – £17.99

Fund Raising Account; purchase of Father Christmas outfit/accessories – D Valentine- £138.73

 

8.5 Items to Report:

8.5.1 Highways. SS reported chevron signs on the bend at Gare Hill WCC side have been renewed. She will now chase up SCC for appropriate danger signs to be added to the up hill section in Somerset area.

Speed Watch is at last getting started with thanks to local residents, Bill and Pauline Stafford who are taking responsibility for this area. There are now 4 parishioners helping but more support would be much appreciated. Grit bags left in piles at side of road to Gare Hill. Clerk suggested that a yellow bin could be purchased and will add to next Agenda

8.5.2 Village Hall. AS reported chairs had been recovered and looked very attractive. Insurance had been paid and the hall would be closed for the whole of January for work to the floor to be completed. Terry Cullin had been absent through ill health and all Cllr’s sent their best wishes for a speedy recovery. Cllr’s thanked the Committee for allowing us to use the hall rent free for the Children’s Party.

8.5.3 Broadband. CG had emailed our MP in support of the lobbying undertaken by a parishioner. Mats Olsson, Moson Solutions Ltd, had also copied us into a strongly worded letter of complaint about the poor service we receive compared with other parishes which he had sent to David Warburton.

 

8.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

8.6.1 External Audit. Clerk informed TPC that a new external auditing system would be in place from this year and Grant Thornton will not be involved. More details will be provided at the appropriate time of the year.

 

Meeting closed at 8.35pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 2nd January 2018 please.

 

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 11th

JANUARY 2018 at 7.30pm in the White Hart restaurant.

** NOTE CHANGE OF DATE/VENUE. The Village Hall is closed for the month of January.**

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentine 

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham 

 

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives