TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 6th October 2016

PRESENT:            J Symes (Vice Chairman), C Galpin, C Kenyon, C Midgley, S Salmon.

9 members of the public

CLERK:                  Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:           P Twigger, A Steele, District Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore.

Declaration of Interest:

None

6.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, JS then signed off.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner, Julie Britten, spoke to the TPC about the Friendship Café she has started for any parishioners who may feel isolated and unable to get out to chat to other people. Two meetings have already taken place and been enjoyed. Several Cllr’s have supported Julie. Keren Hayden from Nunney has kindly offered to provide a cake for each meeting. The plans for the December Café were explained as will be a larger event. Details were given and will be publicised on the eNewsletter and Your View. CM will also add to Facebook and the Clerk will liaise with Richard Brooks about inclusion in Your View. The next meeting will be on October 28th from 10.30-12.30am. Julie was thanked by JS on behalf of the TPC for her enthusiasm and time in organising and running this welcome addition to parish life.

Jane Norris, Assistant Church Warden for St Leonard, Marston Bigot then spoke to update parishioners about the work at the church. A grant of £10,000 had been applied for and granted from the National Lottery for work to the retaining wall. The National Heritage Memorial Fund granted £94,000 for the church roof. Some matched funding is needed and any contributions to this should be to ‘Friends of Marston Church’. Clerk will display a recent newspaper article which Jane provided and TPC will support with publicity. CM and Jane will continue ongoing communications.

Meeting resumed at 7.45pm

 

6.1 Planning 

Application No: 2016/2291/OTA. Outline app for agricultural workers dwelling, Rectory Farm, Marston Bigot. Mr S Salvidge. JS explained and outlined the application. All Cllr’s felt it was a very sensible idea from a long established local family. It would ensure good animal husbandry and was welcomed. All voted to Approve the Application. Clerk would email MDC tomorrow as the deadline for responses is 07/10/16

6.2 Previous Subject Matters

6.2.1 Bus Service – Discussion on the interim feedback forwarded by Michael Gay, which was that users felt it was too long in Frome/quite expensive for people who did not have bus passes. Proposal is to cut to one run only from Wednesday 9th November and timings adjusted slightly. Lack of awareness within parishes was also highlighted. TPC had put information on notice boards, website and Facebook but it was decided to produce a flyer to circulate to the village area as well. CM to produce and delivery method to be agreed once this was done. Clerk will update Michael about this.

6.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT could not attend the Sept PACT meeting and no general Minutes received as yet. CG and CK also offered to attend the Parish Forum meeting with the Clerk on 18th October at MDC offices. A small contribution of £10.00 was agreed for Somerset Community Justice Partnership. Clerk will action.

6.4 Accounts for Payment

6.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

6.4.2 Moson Solutions – website – £34.50

6.4.3 Rospa Annual Playground Inspection – £79.80

6.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

6.4.5 HMRC – £77.40

6.4.6 Annual contribution to upkeep of grounds at St Leonard’s – £250.00

6.5 Items to Report:

6.5.1 Highways. SS explained SCC now have a GIS online mapping system for reporting issues with roads such as potholes. Clerk will prepare and display details on notice boards plus ask for it to be put on Your View. Bunns Lane – the large trench which has been dug across the road is causing problems for several parishioners. SS will report. Andrew Turners (SCC) has been contacted about signs  Moat Farm ‘pond’ at entrance to farm drive an ongoing problem which SS has been spending considerable time trying to resolve. It is now on the capital works programme for 2017/18. This was felt to be too long a delay so the Clerk will forward name and contact details of SCC Cabinet member suggested by Cllr Ham at a previous meeting.

6.5.2, Footpaths. CG explained that SCC are introducing an ‘Explore Somerset interactive map to find your way around/report problems. Check their website for links. Clerk had received an indirect email from a cyclist who had been injured when he fell off his bike on the path to the underpass from Nunney Catch to Trudoxhill (A361). He was concerned about overgrown vegetation and liquid mud making it dangerous. CG had made initial checks with Clare Haskins (Rights of Way) but was told that it is not part of SCC Highways. Some discussion took place about the ownership of the route and CG would make further enquiries as the TPC need to have all the facts before any other issues can be addressed if this proves necessary in the future

6.5.3 Children’s Christmas party – CM had asked for suggestions for a new approach to this annual event to encourage more youngsters to attend this year. It has been decided that there will be a craft area/games/balloons and more plus a ‘lovely tea’. More details will be circulated via the usual channels nearer the time. Clerk confirmed the budget would be up to £150 from the Fund Raising account to subsidise the event.

6.5.4. Caterpillar’s Playgroup (not playground as on Agenda – Clerk’s ears are failing!) CM explained that Frome child minders tend to dominate the sessions and another club is being set up on Fridays.

She reported that the equipment used is getting older and there has been some damage, possibly caused by condensation during storage. She is applying for grants but asked the TPC to become ‘official owners’ to assist with the applications. She also asked if we could use the Fund Raising account for ‘matched funding’. CG asked about insurance and CM confirmed this is in place. All Cllr’s felt that both requests should be supported, especially as the benefactor wished the money to be spent for the benefit of all, especially the young people who are the future of the parish. A request was made for the brambles behind the shed to be cut back. JS will talk to Kev Gale to complete this task asap.

6.5.5 Village Hall Committee meeting. AS had submitted a report read by the Clerk. The Summer Party held on 17th September was a success and a profit of £370+ was made. Thanks expressed for all the hard work that went in to the event. Dean Silvester, the Chairman, will look at putting vents in the shed and other maintenance issues were discussed. A request to put a note about VH parking for Hall users only in Your View. Clerk will action as well as asking Richard (editor) to contact Jean Lemon for Village Hall dates and bookings. Invoices for Community coffee mornings? See 6.6.2

6.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

6.6.1 Conclusion of Audit. Clerk reported that Audit was complete and she will post notices asap and ask Mats to publish on website. She had been advised to reinstate one figure and to round up to nearest pound rather than include pence which she will note and action next year.

6.6.2 Community Coffee Mornings. Clerk asked the TPC for permission to pay for the hire of the Village Hall for these events from the Fund Raising account. They are organised to help bring parishioners together and involve local people giving up their own time to organise and run. It is unreasonable that they should have to fund these events as well. The Friendship Café and Community coffee mornings (with the fantastic £175 proceeds from the latter going to Macmillan Cancer Support) are the events which will need to be invoiced to us. JS and all Cllr’s readily agreed that this should be done and gave permission for the Clerk to pay these, and any others deemed appropriate, after the Chairman had been consulted.

Meeting closed at 8.25pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 26th October please.

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 3rd November at 7.30pm in the Village Hall 

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham 

Categories
Archives