TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on 6th July 2017

PRESENT:            P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, S Salmon, A Steele,  J Symes, D Valentine

3 members of the public

CLERK:                   Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:          Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore


Declaration of Interest:

None.

3.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed them off as a true copy.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

None but AS informed the meeting that new parishioners had moved into Woodhayes. Clerk would deliver ‘Welcome to the Parish’ letter. She had done so for Plot 3 at the Old Orchard site, Iron Mills Farm and April Cottage  JS also had noted another new dwelling and Clerk would circulate copy of the letter to Cllr’s to run off and deliver as needed. Bonnetts Farm should also be included and Clerk would cover this.

Meeting resumed at 7.45pm

 

3.1 Planning 

CK (Cllr with responsibility for Planning Issues) reported that he had had no further information from MDC Enforcement on the two areas of concern that had been raised by parishioners i.e. the sitting of a caravan/mobile home to the north side of the cycle path, Old Road to Main Road, Nunney and the erection of a 2 metre high fence/single storey structure at Bunns Lane. He would chase them for an update on progress for the next meeting.

3.2 Previous Subject Matters  

3.2.1 Bus subsidy – JS was congratulated on the success of his grant application to Somerset Community

Foundation. The TPC had been awarded £770 for the Community Bus and the Chairman signed the

contract which had been circulated to Cllr’s prior to the meeting. JS agreed to complete an End of Year

Report and Clerk will maintain a separate account for the monthly outgoings to MCT. CG asked if it could

be used retrospectively for monies already paid. Clerk will follow up after the contract had been sent.

3.3 Correspondence.

All considered. PT asked if TPC felt they should support the Evercreech Explorer Scouts who had asked for a grant for £200 as one of our parishioners attended. It was felt that this was not affordable as it was not of benefit to the parish as a whole. ‘We Hear You’ events should be advertised on the enewsletter/Facebook. SS is involved with them and it is a worthwhile cause. Fly The Red Ensign for Merchant Navy Day – there is nowhere to display a flag but one parishioner may be able to support the event as he had provided a flag for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Clerk would drop in information. Road Closures at Witham/Bruton. Clerk to display information on Trudoxhill notice board. Connor Construction – an email had been sent by the Enforcement Officer on 04/07 to say that “the completion of the documents required to accompany such an application is almost finished and submission of the full application is expected ‘any day’. The resolution of the issues at this site through the planning system remain the Council’s preferred option”. The Clerk would circulate a copy to all Cllr’s and John Salmon would be asked to study the contents and his comments would be circulated to all Cllr’s before PT took any decision about an appropriate response, if any, at this stage.

3.4 Accounts for Payment

3.4.1 Grass cutting – Kev Gale – £100

3.4.2 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

3.4.3 Bus subsidy – MCT – £29.16

3.4.4 Friendship Café. V Hall rent – £21.00

3.4.5 Moson annual website management – £162.00*

3.4.6 Expenses – coloured Epson ink/postage of Audit papers – £13.30

Direct debit Sovereign playground maintenance – £17.99

* DV asked for clarification about the website and its management. CG explained that he with DV and the Clerk plan to meet to discuss what tasks Mats/Cllr’s will take in expanding and developing methods of communicating to parishioners so that we reach as many people in as many ways as possible.

3.5 Items to Report:

3.5.1 Highways. SS reported on her meeting with the new PSCO Shelley Day and the subsequent emails. Shelley had liaised with the Speed Enforcement unit who have surveyed the village with a view to setting up a van based enforcement location but had found no viable parking locations. This will now default to a bike based survey. The PCSO is now looking at a sight for a community speed watch and once established will ask for volunteers to attend the 2 hour evening training session. She is investigating the ‘Police Notice – Kill your Speed’ signs before we purchase our own to display. SS will continue to press the issues but some progress appears to be being made with this issue. WCC faded signs at Gare Hill. After an impressive initial response from WCC there has been no action, so yet again SS will chase up. SCC Highways had attended to the verge at the right hand side near the bend towards the hamlet of Gare Hill. CG confirmed that eventually after several months and numerous emails chasing up this issue, that the underpass just off the A361 is now recorded as an ‘Urban Footpath’ This means that the public can walk through but it is not a cycle path, although cyclist can use it. There was discussion about the maintenance issues associated with this. CK was concerned as a cyclist about this and was advised to contact Sustain if he wishes to take the matter further. CG will follow up to establish to what standard the path will be maintained.

3.5.2   DV had attended the SALC (Somerset Association of Local Councils) training event for 2 hours on the evening of 21st June in Somerton. He gave a brief outline of the information he had been presented with. He was given a copy of ‘The Good Councillor’s Guide to Finance and Transparency’ which the Clerk will read and then pass on to all Cllr’s.

3.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

3.6.1. Annual Return had been received by Grant Thornton. Mats will add the financial details to the website asap. Clerk has produced the required spreadsheet showing purchases made over the last financial year over £100. She stated however that she had simply put all the outgoings for parishioners to see, as well as publishing in the monthly Minutes, to ensure everyone can see how the precept is spent.

3.6.2   Playground Maintenance. A parishioner had reported that a small amount of matting was loose and could be a H&S issue. Clerk had put a temporary Warning sign to highlight the potential issues and had spoken to Sovereign who maintain the playground. However as it is a small issue, PT had dealt with it with a shovel! It appears to be resolved but the Clerk will ask for it to be checked during the monthly inspection. Clare Midgley has now given up the overview of the Playground because of her work load and AS volunteered to take responsibility for which she was thanked. Clerk will brief her about the contract details

 

Cllr’s discussed whether an August meeting was necessary with the summer holiday period coming up. Clerk informed the Cllr’s that they did not need to meet as in some previous years the scheduled TPC had been cancelled but parishioners would need to be informed. It was decided that the Council should meet as there are several planning issues that may need attention and two Cllr’s will not be able to attend the September meeting.

The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 26th July, please.

The next Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm Thursday 3rd

August 2017 in Trudoxhill Village Hall

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentine

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives