TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 6th April 2017

PRESENT:            P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, A Steele, J Symes, D Valentine

Dist Cllr Skidmore

6 members of the public

CLERK:                  Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:          District Cllr Ham, S Salmon.


Declaration of Interest:

None

 

12.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed off.

Meeting suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

Before the comments, PT thanked PCSO Lucy Gumm for her work in the parish as she is moving to join the Frome team. Lucy explained that PCSO Shelley Day would be taking over with PC Matthew Thomas as Beat Manager. The former would be in touch with the Clerk to continue to support the parish.

A parishioner expressed concern about overgrown hedging obscuring the Give Way sign by Pound Cottage. PT said he would look at cutting back the area as it would be the quickest way to solve the problem.

Michael Gay, the Parish Councillor from Wanstrow, attended to brief the TPC about potential problems with the bus discount scheme. He has had discussions with MCT and SCC about this and it appears that the former must collect the full cash fare of £9.00 as any less than that will reduce the average fare and therefore the rebate parishes receive. Michael, MCT and the TPC all expressed frustration with this but it was agreed to revert to the system where the driver issues a receipt with the parishioner paying the full fare. He/she then presents the receipts to the Clerk, who will refund half of the initial cost of the ticket. She will now find out who travels on the bus and contact them with details of how the process will work. PT and Cllr’s thanked Michael for his continued hard work on the scheme.

A parishioner has written to Chris Betty, SCC Highways Engineer, expressing concern about the white lines painted either side of the road by Rose Cottage. He feels they do not give the desired effect of road narrowing and should be repainted 450mm out from the present positions. SS will monitor the response but the Clerk did add that she had received some positive comments from several parishioners.

Meeting resumed at 7.50pm.

 

12.1 Planning 

There were no official applications received but Cllr Skidmore offered to update the meeting on the state of the food outlet planning application at Nunney Catch service station. MDC had now received a retrospective application which should be received by the TPC within the next few days. He stated that he would look at our response and represent the views expressed if it goes before the Planning Board. The Case Officer is Anna Clark.

He also informed the TPC that Mr Webb (Connor Construction) may go ahead with a potential move from the present sight. Discussions are ongoing.

 

12.2 Previous Subject Matters

12.2.1 Cllr ‘Roles and Responsibilies’. Discussions about these then resulted in the following: PT – Police Liaison/Farm Watch/Road obstructions/Hedges & verges. CG – Footpaths/Communications. CK – Planning/Finance. DV – Communications with CG/Events. SS – Highways/Playgroup. AS – Village Hall liaison. JS – Parish Plan/General Maintenance/Litter pick. Clerk will update the list and display on noticeboards.

12.2.2 Your View – a reminder to email Richard the inputs over the next day if not yet sent.

 

12.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT read out a summary of the emails received. Connor Construction – email had been sent to the Enforcement Officer outlining the history of the use of the site and requesting a deadline be set for the planning permission application to be submitted.(See also 12.1).

Road closure – Tuckmarsh – PT had phoned SCC and as a result the other road works from Marston Pound to Iron Mills Bridge has been completed earlier than planned to allow heavy lorries to re-route and avoid having to come through the village. SID results – slight increase in speeds shown. For discussion with new PSCO as soon as feasible. Clerk has sourced Slow Down signs and asked for permission to purchase 3 or 4 so they can be erected by TPC in areas where speeding is still a problem. This was agreed. TPC will try to establish effectiveness once all ‘lines and signs’ work is reviewed later in the year.

 

12.4 Accounts for Payment

12.4.1 Contribution to MCT for bus subsidy – £72.59

12.4.2 Sovereign Playground Maintenance monthly contract – via direct debt – £14.99+VAT

12.4.3 Village Hall hire. Friendship Café – £21.00

12.4.4 Village Hall TPC yearly hire for meetings – £184.20

12.4.5 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

12.4.6 Grass cutting – Kev Gale – £100

12.4.7 HMRC – £77.40

 

12.5 Items to Report

12.5.1 Highways. SS absent. Points re lines and signs/road closure covered earlier in the meetng.

12.5.2 Footpaths. CG reported that he is still following up the ownership of the land by the A361 underpass with SCC. He has had discussions with the person responsible for the parts of West End Lane that need attention. A site visit had taken place and CG has asked for drainage to be installed to divert water. This to be monitored and followed up. Paul and Nikki have competed the Footpath Report which has sent to Claire Haskins with requests for maintenance where there are issues. AS reported a stile in her field had been replaced which CG noted. Clerk asked for Invoice to be presented at May meeting

12.5.3 Village Hall meeting. AS reported the water bill had doubled so DS will look at fitting a water meter. No events planned. Charges reviewed and a small increase agreed but still cheaper than other parishes. There will be no discounts except for one off village events subject to V H Committee approval. AGM on 22nd June, AS will be on holiday. PT to attend.

 

12.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

12.6.1 Annual Audit. Clerk reported that initial balance sheet was being completed and Ken Gray has agreed to prepare the Internal Audit as in previous years. Agenda item for updates in May with Clerk to present Audit Timeline.

12.6.2 Annual Parish and Council meetings – new date needed as Thursday 4th May is Council elections. Monday May 8th agreed. Clerk to book Hall and advertise. She issues copies of last year’s Summary of Achievements and asked all to update their section and email to her by Thursday 13th April.

12.6.3 Clerk will be on holiday from 20th – 28th April / visiting elderly parent from 2nd – 4th May. She apologised for early request for information and hoped Cllrs would support her by keeping to the deadline (12.6.2).

 

Meeting closed at 8.55 pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Monday 1st May please.

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentine

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham