TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 5th October 2017

PRESENT:           P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, S Salmon. J Symes, D Valentine

12 members of the public

CLERK:                Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:      A Steele, District Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore.


Declaration of Interest:

PT 6.1

6.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed off.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner expressed thanks to Bill and Pauline Stafford who had tidied up the phone box by removing old books, making a new bookcase and relining and displaying notices on the board. TPC echoed this. Mr Terry Pinto, the architect for Mr & Mrs Crouch, spoke about the application to be discussed explaining that it was a small one bedroomed farmhouse needed so that the owners were on hand for site security/animal husbandry. Livestock is present with 70 cattle kept. The house will be visible but not intrusive with bunds being built on the land. One parishioner stated that the height of this in one area is a problem. He was advised to make these comments on the MDC planning portal. Drainage? When questioned about this, Mr Pinto stated that there were adequate provision made for this and no additional water would flow down onto the cycle/footpath towards and under the A361.

Meeting resumed at 7.50pm

 

6.1 Planning 

PT left the meeting. JS Vice Chairman then led the meeting.

Application No: 2017/2373/FUL Erection of new farmhouse. Grange Farm, Nunney. Mr & Mrs Crouch

JS read summary of the application and explained that all Cllr’s had studied it and some had visited the site. Each Cllr was asked for their input. CG was concerned about the visible impact but felt the animal husbandry was a valid point in favour. DV had no problem with the plans but was concerned over the effects on the neighbours, one of whom had voiced concern at the public section of the meeting. SS said that the application did not include the financial background and so all the information was not available to make an informed decision. CK was concerned at what stage a storage/business needed accommodation to justify a build. Mr Pinto stated that MDC did have the relevant information. CG stated that it was Cllr’s task to look at the impact at a local level and after some further discussion JS asked for a vote where 2 were in favour and 3 wished to leave the decision to the Planning Officer. Clerk would respond to MDC tomorrow 6th Oct, the deadline date.

PT returned to resume the Chairman’s role.

6.2 Past Subject Matters

6.2.1 Christmas arrangements. Clerk had prepared and circulated a ‘To Do / Suggested Dates and Information’ paper after her meeting with Clare Midgley, as the latter will manage some aspects of arrangements/party to support DV who is Cllr responsible for Events. Cllr’s were asked to check this before the meeting and bring copies for a brief discussion about outstanding issue/queries. Copies were circulated to the parishioner’s present. Clerk suggested that DV and Clare led the discussions as they are the people with responsibility for the events. It was decided that SS will help DV and his daughter would also provide some guidance about a possible photo – booth. This was welcomed and Clare will liaise.

CG will prepare posters/flyers for the Clerk to arrange delivery by 1st Nov. Some aspects of these details and of the Carol singing by the pub to be decided. The Clerk and others will check these with appropriate people and confirm at next meeting. JS asked for approximate budget for Xmas tree, £100 agreed. CK

would approach a contact to see if he could source a cheaper option. Volunteers for the music at the carol singing would be sought by Cllrs and Clerk

Your View — Clerk will forward to DV outline of process and he will then liaise with Richard Brooks

6.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT.listed them. Clerk will forward an email from Somerset Prepared to Chairman of V Hall committee

6.4 Accounts for Payment

6.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

6.4.2 MCT – bus subsidy – £69.54

6.4.3 Expenses – 2 x thank you gifts (YView delivery/phone box revamp) – £10.00

6.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

6.4.5 HMRC – £80.00

6.4.6 V Hall rental (Friendship Café)- £21.00

Sovereign d debit – playground – £17.99

6.5 Items to Report:

6.5.1 Maintenance. Playground had been inspected for trip potential with area of matting. Inspector from Sovereign had liaised with Clerk and stated it was grassed over and was not a potential hazard so no action needed.

6.5.2, PACT meeting. PT has attended and reported that Ian Glover from MDC was present and has responsible for the issue of fly tipping. He reported an increase in the fine for anyone caught from £500 to £7000 there is now a centralised call centre to deal with issues and a website ‘fixmystreet’ which people should use to guarantee action within 3 days. He then reported that our new PCSO is being replaced and our new Beat Manager has been promoted so will also be leaving the area! This was greeted with much concern and absolute frustration by all, especially SS who has worked so hard to establish contacts and make progress on Highways/speeding issues. She will attempt to find out more information especially new personnel information and to chase up the police speed bikes which we believe visited the parish over the last few weeks. PT stated that he understood PC John Gould will resume responsibility for our area but it has to be noted that we have had limited success in the past and were feeling positive about the support and efficiency offered by PC Thomas. It is difficult to remain optimistic as it is such an uphill struggle to achieve anything despite much effort by the TPC over a long time. Clerk will research with SS, where we can get support and advice about the way forward and will initially contact the. District Councillor responsible.

6.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

6.6.1 Conclusion of Audit. Clerk reported that ‘Notice of Conclusion of Audit’ had been displayed and that there were two points that needed to be reviewed when we received the summary advice from Grant Thornton. She will display these on the website and note before next year’s process starts.

6.6.2 Connor Construction. Clerk had spoken to the Case Officer, Anna Clark, to check progress but was told that Mr Webb has been asked to provide more information about the trees/landscaping. She had not been able to give a definitive date for when this information was required. TPC felt that it was yet another delaying tactic and a definitive answer/conclusion to this contentious application should be aimed for asap. Clerk was asked to write to Anna Clark with our concerns.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 26th October please.

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 2nd November at 7.30pm in the Village Hall

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentin

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham