TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 3rd November 2016

PRESENT:            P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, S Salmon, A Steele. J Symes

3 members of the public

CLERK:                  Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:           C Midgley, District Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore.

Declaration of Interest:

None

7.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed off.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner reported that the yellow grit bin at the entrance to the village off the A361 had been pushed over. SS would check and report to Highways.

Meeting resumed at 7.40pm

 

7.1 Planning 

Application No: 2016/2539/FUL. Recovering the Nave roof from asbestos to slate. Church of St Leonard, Marston Bigot. Several Cllr’s had attended the presentation about the plans for the Church in September and agreed that this was essential work. All agreed to Approve the Application

MDC had granted permission for Applications: 2016/2132/HSE+ 2016/2508/NMA+2016/1970/TPO

 

7.2 Previous Subject Matters

7.2.1 Bus Service –Michael Gay had sent an update and PT asked all Cllr’s to look at the details enclosed in his email so it can be discussed at December’s meeting when the pilot will be coming to an end. 17 Travel Pass passengers from Trudoxhill had used the service in October but no fee paying passengers.

The Clerk will forward our proportion of the supporting cost of the service (£52.19) for September by the 11th Nov. The feedback so far has resulted in a change to the service which PT explained. There will be one return journey only from 9th Nov, leaving Trudoxhill at 10.23am and returning at 13.53pm. Clerk will advertise new timetable on boards and ask CM to add to enewsletter.

7.2.2 Christmas events. The Children’s party if being organised by CM for Sunday 11th December and will be advertised soon. The carol singing, after the party will start at 6pm outside the White Hart. Clerk will check with Graeme about mulled wine/minced pies. SS will ask Fred if he would be able to provide music as last year but John (Salmon) will not be present. Julie (Britten) will be asked if she can also support the event. JS will provide the Christmas tree which he and PT will erect on Saturday 10th December opposite the pub in the usual place. Any parishioners who would like to help with the decorations are most welcome to meet at 10.30am.

NB Late addition to Minutes: AS has offered to provide hot drinks and mince pies as a bribe which the Clerk has willingly accepted on behalf of all parishioners.

7.2.3 Mendip Forum meeting. CG reported about the evening that he, CK and the Clerk had attended on18th October. He produced copies of the slide presentation about The Planning Process (Ian Bowen – Group manager for Planning and Growth) and a Local Plan Update (Andre Sestini. Principal Planning Policy Officer). All the information is available for Cllr’s and copies can be requested from the Clerk if any parishioner wishes to study them.

CK had asked about fly tipping and it was agreed that it is an ongoing problem not made any easier to deal with by MDC putting additional charges and restraints on householders who wish to dispose of their waste responsibly.

7.2.4 CK had not heard back from Maiden Bradley PC about the purchase of the phone box at Gare Hill so the matter was deferred to the December meeting.

 

7.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT read out the email received from David Woodridge, MDC Enforcement Officer, who informed the TPC that the issues with the Connor Construction site were with the legal team who needed time to research the long history of the site. SS will forward to Cllr’s a suggested letter from John Salmon to send to ensure that appropriate pressure is maintained. PT will check and Clerk will then action.

AS recommend the Sing for Somerset event at Wells Cathedral. Clerk has displayed posters on notice boards. Two road closure/speed limit notices had been received and would be put on boards (Witham Hall Farm/A359 Burts Hill – Nunney Catch roundabout). PT would collect salt for the parish and Clerk will request all grit bins to be refilled.

 

7.4 Accounts for Payment

7.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

7.4.2 Moson Solutions – website – £30.0

7.4.3 Contribution to MCT for bus subsidy (Sept)- £52.19

7.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

7.4.5 Hire of Village Hall x 5 for Community Coffee mornings – £105.00

7.4.6 Donation to Somerset Community Justice Partnership – £10.00

 

7.5 Items to Report:

7.5.1 Highways. SS explained that the recent SID results (Cricket Farm) were a cause for concern and that she will highlight the average speed of 41mph to SCC Highways with whom she is working to introduce traffic calming measure throughout the parish. She will also send copies to PC Gould and our PCSO, Lucy Gumm.to reinforce the issues of speeding. She is working with Chris Betty, SCC Traffic Engineer and there are now detailed plans of the new signs and lines which will be installed in this financial year. These were studied and discussed by Cllr’s .If any parishioner would like more details and cannot attend the TPC meetings, then she can be contacted by phone (836217).There are new 30mh signs at the entrance to the village by Sunnyside Farm so that augurs well for the future. She will ensure that District Cllr Ham has all the information as he is providing support and guidance for which we are grateful

7.5.2, Footpaths. CG has turned detective and spent considerable time talking to Clare Haskins (MDC Rights of Way) Land Registry and local parishioners to finally confirm that SCC does own, and is therefore responsible for the upkeep of, all the underpass route from the   side to Trudoxhill. He will continue to monitor the situation and report any updates as he receives them from SCC.

7.5.3 Village Hall Committee meeting. AS attended and reported that Dean Silvester (Chairman) has put a vent in the shed and Kev Gale has trimmed the brambles so that it is now drying out. Village Hall car parking is getting better and a reminder will be put on Your View. A grant application is being submitted for help with the flooring and heating work required. There were no issues to raise at the TPC,

7.5.4 JS asked for SS and CG to liaise with him re a suitable date to meet to review the Parish Plan and report back at the next meeting.

 

7.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

7.6.1 Your View. Clerk was communicating with the editor, Richard Brooks about contact/contents for the issue due late November. A request to discuss the distribution of the newsletter was made and CG will follow this up. SS will email a paragraph about the Highways work planned and CM will provide info about the Christmas Party/Carols. The Clerk will add a piece about the pilot bus scheme and Village Hall parking.

7.6.2 Parish Clean up. The last one took place in March (linked to Clean for the Queen). JS suggested that a date early in 2017 would be best and this was agreed. A date will be decided in the December meeting.

 

Meeting closed at 8.45pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 24th November please.

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 1st December at 7.30pm in the Village Hall

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham

Categories
Archives