TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on 7th September 2017

PRESENT:      P Twigger, C Kenyon, S Salmon, J Symes, D Valentine

3 members of the public

CLERK:           Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES   C Galpin, A Steele, District Cllr’s Skidmore & Ham


Declaration of Interest:

None.

5.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed them off as a true copy.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner was concerned about the interior of the phone box now the outside has been repainted. It needs a good tidy up and old books/posters removed. Pauline Stafford, another parishioner attending, volunteered to take on the task and was thanked by all. Clerk will liaise and purchase backing materials and provide up to date MDC/SCC information to display.

Meeting resumed at 7.40pm

5.1 Planning 

Application No: 2017/2044/HSE Removal of single storey extension link and replace with single storey kitchen extension. Red Tuns Barn. JS stated it was fine as it had no visual impact. SS thought it would work well and all voted to Approve the Application.

Application No: 2017/2172/HSE & 2173/LBC. Single storey ground floor extension. Rose Cottage, Trudoxhill. It was agreed that as the applicant had taken advice about the listed building aspect and the plans were sympathetic and improved the appearance of the building. They voted to Approve the Application.

MDC Approved Applications: 2017/1748/APP & 2017/1831/APP. Approval of details reserved condition (joinery). Marston House.

Refused: 2016/3121/VRC. Application for removal of conditions 1, 2 & 3 from appeal ref. APP/Q3305/A/13/21196679. Marston View, Marston Bigot

CK (Cllr with responsibility for Planning Issues) reported that he had no further information from MDC but that he would now chase up the outstanding issues with them.

 

5.2 Previous Subject Matters  

5.2.1 Bus report. Michael Gay is communicating with the other parishes involved and is producing a report assessing use. JS reminded all that we have our grant to subsidise the costs to parishioners this year.

 

5.3 Correspondence.

All considered. PT summarised and a parishioner asked for a copy of the Somerset Rivers Authority email which the Clerk will forward. CK was pleased to see SCC Highways progress with the application for a change to a cycle way at the underpass on the A361

 

5.4 Accounts for Payment

5.4.1 Grass cutting – Kev Gale – £100

5.4.2 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

5.4.3 Bus subsidy – MCT – £71.06

5.4.4 Friendship Café. V Hall rent – £21.00

5.4.5 Zurich Annual Insurance – £446.37

5.4.6 Printing. Your View – N Dean – £72.80

5.4.7 Expenses – Thank you help with Grant application / 3 sets of Postage stamps – £23.19

5.4.8 Toner for laser printer – Clerk – £46.97

5.4.9 Travel expenses – new Cllr training course. D Valentine – £18.40

Direct debit Sovereign playground maintenance – £17.99

 

5.5 Items to Report:

5.5.1   Parish Walk. SS said that 2 people had expressed an interest for the walk on Sunday 8th October.

* She also asked to update all on an email received about speeding in the village which had come in after the Agenda was prepared and needed to be discussed. This was accepted so SS explained that a relative of a parishioner had nearly been run over exiting Box Cottage as 2 cars had met at the same time travelling in opposite directions. He was very concerned at the speed of the vehicles. SS had forwarded his email to our Beat Manger, PC Matt Thomas, who is working with our new PSCO to arrange for some police bike riders with speed guns to visit the village. He has promised that this will happen at some time during the coming month. Attempt to establish a Speed watch scheme continues but more volunteers are needed. SS continues to press this issue and try to provide some satisfactory outcomes from this ongoing problem. PT will attend the PACT meeting this month to lobby for extra support if possible.

5.5.2 Maintenance. Playground fencing needs replacement and a quote for £60.00 had been received but a second had not been submitted in time. JS felt it was essential to get on with it and all agreed. PT will arrange for the work to go to the person who submitted the quotation. PT had also tightened up a loose bolt reported on one of the swing fitting.

5.5.3. Marston Harvest Supper had been advertised on the enews/Your View, with tickets costing £25.00. SS believed they had sold out. JS was providing the food for the first course.

 

5.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

5.6.1 Congregational Chapel. Some parishioners had received a questionnaire about its present and potential use. The Clerk highlighted that it was its 300 year celebration and that we were lucky to have an historic building in the centre of the parish. The TPC agreed and would support any planned activities in whatever way it could

5.6.2. Your View. Thanks expressed to all who contributed and especially to Richard Brooks as editor and Nev Dean for the prompt printing. The Clerk had printed and delivered a ‘Congratulations on your First Year’ to Julie at the Friendship Café from the TPC. SS had called in and although not as many people had attended there were plans for the following sessions when more people were expected.

NB. JS asked the Clerk to check with the Nunney Clerk about potential yellow lines being planned for the Nunney Catch area as SCC may liaise with Nunney PC rather than Trudoxhill. The Clerk will do this and contact Sara Davis at Highways, who is the person charged with the matter. The issue will be included on the TPC Agenda, if appropriate, and all parishioners informed and consulted as the need arises.

 

The meeting closed at 8.15pm.

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 28th September please.

 

Clerk reminded Cllr’s that the Christmas celebrations will need to be discussed at the meeting and DV will start to look at co-ordinating the events. The Clerk will brief him on the general format of events and check that the V Hall has been booked for Sunday 10th December. JS will check with The White Hart (a tough task but someone has to undertake it!).

 

The next Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm Thursday 5th

October 2017 in Trudoxhill Village Hall

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentine

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham