TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 11th January 2018

 

PRESENT:           P Twigger, C Galpin, S Salmon, A Steele, J Symes,

6 members of the public

CLERK:                Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:      District Cllr’s P Ham and D Skidmore. Cllr C Kenyon and Cllr D Valentine.


Declaration of Interest:

PT for 9.1

9.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT signed them off.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

None

Meeting resumed at 7.40pm

9.1 Planning 

Application No: 2017/2373/FUL. Supporting information to the application for the erection of a new farmhouse at Grange Farm, Nunney Catch. Mr & Mrs Crouch. PT left the meeting and JS (Vice Chairman) lead the discussions.CG said he appreciated the need for a stockman to be close for the animal husbandry aspects.  SS was still unsure of the viability of the application and asked the Architect for Mr & Mrs Crouch, who was present, details about the Enforcement issues. He confirmed that the Officer was happy for the caravan to remain on the land for site security. AS and JS were concerned about the size of the plot and as the TPC are not able to access the financial aspects of the situation all felt it was best to maintain the previous decision to Refer to the Planning Officer, who would have full details and expert knowledge of all the relevant details. CK had emailed his agreement with this decision as he had voted to Approve in the initial discussions before the amendment was received. Clerk would email the details to MDC tomorrow as the TPC had been granted an extension because the meeting had been delayed by a week.

Application No:  2017/2421/FUL. MDC had Approved the application from the Veterinary Clinic, Millard’s Hill for additional parking/delivery and collection area.

9.2 Past Subject Matters

9.2.1 Christmas events. Clerk and Clare Midgely reported that the party was a great success with 38 youngster’s attending. Thanks to all Cllr’s and parishioners who had all helped. Clerk had written to thank everyone who gave up their time to make such a success of the day. The tree stood the test of time and gales but the use of tinsel will be reviewed next year (traces of this were seen making their way to Witham before being apprehended – Clerk) Despite the wet and miserable weather, the carols were well received and thanks to Fred and John for the music and Martin for his enthusiastic MC role. £57.40 was collected to help with next year’s party expenses.

9.2.2. Speed Indicator Device (SID) Because of budget constraints the Clerk had received communications from Dave Graham, the SCC Traffic Engineer, who is responsible for the scheme, to inform us that SID will terminate from the 31st March 2018. There are several proposals he is investigating, all of which mean that each Parish Council will need to fund its use. Whichever option is the preferred one, it will inevitably mean that the parish will have to pay a considerable amount from the precept to continue the scheme.  At this early stage the TPC will keep a close eye on progress and revisit at the appropriate time. SS felt that with the start of Speed Watch and the continuation of the police speed check, some progress is being made but everyone needs to continue pressure on offenders. It was agreed to publicise this in Your View and to ask for more volunteers. JS said his wife, Denise, would be willing to help and thanks were given to Bill and Pauline Stafford and Rod and Jen Lewis for their work. Five motorists have received official letters from the police as a result of their efforts thus far.

9.2.3 Website – as DV is not present and a Cllr with responsibility for this area, it will be discussed at the Feb meeting.

9.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT listed them. Clerk informed the meeting that she had chased up the lack of response re the latest Connor Construction letter to the Enforcement Officer. Julian Thomas assured her that we would receive a reply within the next two weeks. He was discussing the issue with Dan Foster, the Principal Planning Officer. CG had looked at the Mendip Plan and reported that the area around Nunney Catch could be used commercially in the future. The TPC will maintain a watching brief.

9.4 Accounts for Payment

9.4.1 HMRC – £79.80

9.4.2 MCT – Bus subsidy – £68.97

9.4.3 Clerk’s wages – £106.45

9.4.4 V Hall rental (Friendship Café) – £21.00

Sovereign direct debit – playground – £17.99

Fund Raising Account – paid in £131.80 from Christmas events.

9.5 Items to Report:

9.5.1 Highways. SS reported that she had written to Sarah Davis to request a bend sign on the Somerset side at Gare Hill to give a warning before the new WCC chevron signs become visible. This has been agreed and she is hopeful it will happen in this year’s budget. The bridge at Cheese Hill is due to be repaired. Clerk will post notices of road closure dates (26th Feb for up to 19 days).

9.5.2 Maintenance. PT has repaired fencing in Community Garden but it need to be professionally repaired/some panels replaced. He will arrange for this to be done by Mr Ives, who replaced the original panel. Sovereign has completed their inspection of the play equipment and there were no issues arising.

9.5.3 Broadband. CG had received an email reply from our MP David Warburton explaining that the Gigaclear fibre roll out schedule has now been publicised and that this area is right at the end in Q4, 2019.Discussions about various options then took place and CG offered to update all parishioners via the enewsletter and by an article in Your View. CG will also investigate options from Openreach and Microwave broadband suppliers and report back. He was thanked for his continued efforts.

9.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

9.6.1 Precept. The number of Band D equivalent homes in the parish has decreased from177.48 to 174.05 which means that there are slightly less households in the parish paying Council Tax. It was agreed that with costs rising there will need to be an increase to match inflation but JS felt that 4% would be too high.  A 3% increase was therefore agreed. PT would confirm the % increase with MDC and the Clerk would then submit the total of £5149.00 as the precept for 2018/19 up from £5098 last year.

9.6.2 Great British Spring Clean. Clerk confirmed date for the country event was 2-4th March. Cllr’s decided to link our parish event with this again and our clear up will be held on Saturday 3rd March 10.30am. More details in the Feb meeting.

9.6.3 Cllr Training. SS, CK and Clerk will attend the MDC session on updates to planning issues on Feb 6th, 6.30pm in the Assembly Rooms, Frome.

 

Meeting closed at 8.35pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 24th January 2018 please.

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 1st FEBRUARY 2018 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes, Mr D Valentine

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham

 

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives