TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 5th January 2017

 

PRESENT:                        P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, C Midgley, A Steele. S Salmon, J Symes

District Cllr Skidmore

5 members of the public

CLERK:            Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:           District Cllr Ham _________________________________________________________________________

PCSO Lucy Gumm was present from 7.00 -7.30pm to answer parishioner’s queries.

The TPC expressed appreciation and thanks for her attendance.

 

Declaration of Interest:

None

9.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed off.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner sought clarification on the planning application at Marston View. This will be discussed in 9.1 when District Cllr Skidmore offered to provide more details of the situation

Meeting resumed at 7.40pm

 

9.1 Planning

The Street Trading Application for the mobile Burger Van at Nunney Catch was discussed briefly and no problem were identified with its position. The Clerk will inform MDC.

Application No: 2016/3121/VRC. This was not received until 3rd January with a deadline for responses by 24thJanuary. Only after a phone call to ask for additional details were the TPC sent an email to clarifying the details which should read “Application to remove conditions 1, 2 and 3 from appeal references APP/Q3305/A/13/2196679 (MDC Ref: 2011/3187) to make personal and temporary permission general and permanent Marston View Marston Bigot. Mr &Ms Ayres and Coles.

Cllr Skidmore provided background to this again stating that the general issues with the lack of traveller sites is still of major concern and MDC were attempting to resolve this issue with little success as it is a county/national problem. SS stated that although she appreciated the difficulties it is still a case of the planning law being challenged in a way that would not be accepted by any other resident in the parish. CM suggested that faced with these problems and in the light of the Inspector’s comments from 3 years ago, it would be rational to accept the situation for a limited time but only for the named people occupying the site.

A vote was taken to Refuse the Application with one abstention. The Clerk was asked to write to MDC stating our ongoing concerns about this including the fact that the initial information had to be amended and that a subsequent re consultation will now have to take place.

9.2 Previous Subject Matters

9.2.1 Bus Service –Michael Gay had brought up 200 Trudoxhill Bus Discount cards. Clerk had prepared flyer, stapled cards to each and arranged for distribution to the village and parts of the parish before the start of the scheme on 04/01/17. Details are displayed on boards and in The White Hart and Village Hall. There was a slight reduction on costs for November (£89 rather than £104)

9.2.2 Christmas events. The Children’s party was a great success with 52 children attending and several parishioners volunteering to help. CM was thanked for organising it and she and the Clerk had written to thank those who had helped make it go so well. The carol singing was lively and thanks to Martin Hemmett for his role as MC and Julie, John and Fred for the music plus Graeme and team for the mulled wine and mince pies. The back ground of the aesthetically pleasing red and silver themed Christmas tree, which had been donated by JS, added to the atmosphere. Thanks to PT, JS and others for erecting and decorating it. The float collected totalled over £98.00 which will be put towards the party expenses.

9.2.3 Parish Clean up. This has been put back to Saturday March 4th to coincide with the National event and gain more publicity. There will be a generic poster that the Clerk will amend to suit the parish needs. AS offered to provide the coffee/butties at 10.00am with the clean-up starting at 10.30am.

9.2.4 Connor Construction was discussed as David Woodridge has written to confirm that the company has been requested by MDC to submit an Application for a Certificate of Lawful Use or an Application for Planning Permission.

Cllr Skidmore reiterated the work being done to find an alternative site but suitable ones are at a premium. SS stated that the public record show the company in a viable financial position so should be able to purchase another site and that pressure to resolve this long standing issue should be maintained. It is affecting the quality of life of parishioners and everyone wants a resolution to this ongoing matter. Clerk will write to Mr Woodridge. SS also asked the Clerk to write to Bo Walsh, MDC Tree Officer to enquire about what progress, if any, is being made with the tree protection issues.

.9.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT read out a summary of the email received/showed posters which will go on notice boards. SID report will be emailed by the Clerk to the parishioner who requested it.

9.4 Accounts for Payment

9.4.1 Contribution to MCT for bus subsidy (Nov) – £89.74

9.4.2 Hedge cut (off A361) – £36.00

9.4.3 Community events in Village Hall x 2 – £42.00

9.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

  1. 5 Items to Report:

9.5.1 Highways. SS explained that after some concern had been expressed by parishioners about the siting of the 30mph repeater by the notice board, it had been removed and she will be meeting with Highways to look at alternate positioning.as parishioner had expressed concern about the danger of crossing from the Ridgeway to Marston because of the speed of the traffic on the A361. It was agreed that this was a wider issue as turning right at the exit from Trudoxhill could be very difficult. SS would ask if 50mph signs could be erected and if any other solution could also be investigated. Graffiti

on the walls of the underpass at the A361 was mentioned as an eyesore, as it is the responsibility of SCC Highways and SS will draw to their attention.

9.5 2 CM requested financial support for the Inspection. Maintenance and Repair scheme provided by Sovereign who had supplied the play equipment. It was agreed that the cheapest Bronze package of £14.99 + VAT per month would be sufficient and the Clerk will place the order. CM will check if an additional ROSPA annual inspection would also be needed.

9.5.3 Broadband.CM had investigated and according to BT there is no cable in the village but that fibre will be presented to the box within 18 months. However several parishioners have seen workmen putting it in. There appears to be lack of liaison between BT and Open Reach. CG will write to the MP David Warburton and CM will follow up on social media.

9.5.4 CK had the contract for the TPC to purchase the phone box at Gare Hill for £1.00. Clerk highlighted that it would be the responsibility of the TPC and parishioners, not only now, with a team willing to maintain it, but for the foreseeable future There is a problem in getting volunteers to repaint the one purchased in the village. After consideration is was agreed to proceed and PT signed the contract which the Clerk will copy and CK will forward to BT plus inform Maiden Bradley of the decision as it is officially in their parish.

9.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

9.6.1 Annual precept. After discussion it was agreed that an increase was needed as the costs of parish maintenance and other services have and will continue to increase. JS proposed a 3% increase rather than1% or 5%, one of the 3 options that PT had recommended from the background information provided to all Cllrs from MDC. CM pointed out that this would mean an annual additional cost per household of around 80p that she felt was not too onerous. This was agreed and Clerk will communicate the decision.

 

CM then offered her resignation from the TPC from March 2017. She expressed regret but has a young family and job plus other demands on her time. She volunteered to continue to support the Council with her IT expertise. Clerk will start the co-opting process.

 

Meeting closed at 9.00pm

 

 

.                 All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 25th January please.

 

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon,

Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham