TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 1st December 2016

PRESENT: P Twigger, C Galpin, C Kenyon, C Midgley, A Steele. J Symes
2 members of the public
CLERK: Georgina Blackshaw
APOLOGIES: S Salmon, District Cllr’s Ham & Skidmore.

Declaration of Interest:
None
8.0 The Minutes
Having been circulated, PT then signed off.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:
Members of the Public Comments:
None
Meeting resumed at 7.38pm

8.1 Planning
None received

8.2 Previous Subject Matters
8.2.1 Bus Service –Michael Gay had sent an update which all Cllr’s had received and studied. There was a detailed discussion which started with the Clerk presenting the projected budget until the end of the financial year. With all known expenses and allowing a contingency, there should be approximately £450 left to cover the support needed for the bus pilot scheme. The summary from Michael has suggested that with a discount scheme and added publicity the monthly cost of £104.20 from each parish to subsidise the scheme could be reduced. JS felt that as we had started the scheme, we needed to continue to support the service and all agreed. CG felt that the discount scheme should run for a trial period and more publicity was needed. CM clarified that children under 5 did not pay. The idea of a flyer to all dwellings in the parish would be the best approach with a tear off slip to present to the bus driver to claim the discount plus ways of requesting more slips made clear .AS will phone Michael Gay to discuss this option rather than the ‘business card’ approach he had suggested and report back to TPC asap.. If agreed that JS could then produce/print and organise delivery to all households. PT will ask for this to be announced at the Carol service and CM will put out on the enewsletter and social media.
8.2.2 Christmas events. The Children’s party is being organised by CM for Sunday 11th Dec 3.30 – 5.30pm.
She has 6+ volunteers to help but more welcome. Carol singing at 6pm. PT to arrange the collection. Clerk has asked Martin Hemmett to MC and Julie will liaise with Fred about music. Tree being erected on Sat 10th at 10.30 am opposite the White Hart. Clerk asked the TPC to agree that she can purchase extra decorations to improve the final effect. This was agreed and AS thanked for the offer of hot drinks and mince pies for any volunteers who wish to help with the aesthetic placing of the baubles!
8.2.3 Parish Clean up.JS proposed Saturday January 21st 10am for 10.30 start with refreshments provided by AS. Clerk to prepare poster for the Jan TPC to then be run off and distributed. CK suggested taking bags of identifiable rubbish to name and shame local food outlets. CM suggested a ‘softer’ Initial approach to gain some funding to support our efforts.
NB Since the TPC meeting, the Clerk has received a poster informing us that there will be a countrywide effort in early March and this may be more effective with publicity and celebrity endorsement. It has been agreed to delay the event and confirm a date in January.

8.3 Correspondence
All considered. PT read out a summary of the email received, with special reference to the newsletter from Frome Town Council which publicised the joint efforts by our parishes and MCT to pilot the new bus service. CM would follow up the Connecting Devon & Somerset email about broadband provision.
PT reinforced the offer from the Clerk to forward copies of any email if parishioners requested them.

8.4 Accounts for Payment
8.4.1 External Audit – Grant Thornton – £120
8.4.2 Printing Your View – Nev Dean – £72.80
8.4.3 Contribution to MCT for bus subsidy (Oct) – £104.20
8.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £103.20
8.4.5 Land Registry research. Cllr Galpin – £12.00
8.4.6 Stationary/Chairman’s Thank you gifts – Your View editing/delivery/Xmas carols – £19.00
Letter of thanks received from Somerset Community Justice Partnership for donation of £10.00

8. 5 Items to Report:
8.5.1 Highways. SS was absent so the Clerk explained that recent letters to Chris Betty (SCC Traffic Engineer) from two parishioners, with one copied to the TPC about extending white lines further up past Wyeland, had resulted in a reply stating that it was not feasible and giving reasons why.
8.5 2 Village Hall Committee meeting. AS attended and reported that parking problems had improve and the electrician had done the lights. Dean Silvester (Chairman) will contact Batcombe about their 100 Club fund raising scheme. He has nearly completed the Grant application. A query about the Horse Riding signs was clarified by the Clerk. These will be placed at appropriate sites within the parish once the SCC official signs have been erected. She will contact Charlotte Silvester and Denise Symes to take advice about the most effective places to site them once the Highways work had been completed.
8.5.3 Parish Plan. A meeting has not yet taken place because of work and other commitment JS will organise one early in the new year.

8.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk
8.6.1 Flood Warning signs – Lois Gumm at Meadowside Farm has requested Flood Warning signs that she would then display when Iron Mills Bridge floods. The family have had several people who have got stuck in the water, calling on them to ask for help, which they have provided but at unsociable hours and some inconvenience to them. If they could place signs when the water is too deep to drive through, it would help all concerned. TPC agreed it would be sensible and Clerk/SS will follow up.
8.6.2 PCSO Lucy Gumm has met with the Clerk and will attend some of the TPC meetings in 2017 prior to the formal session. She will be available from 7.00 -7.30pm to talk to and advise any parishioner on any issue they wish to raise. It was felt that as the hall was already booked and some parishioners do attend, it would be the most well known and convenient time for people to approach Lucy with any concern. There is space for any confidential discussions to take place in a separate area of the building if necessary. The first of these will be held at the January meeting, date below.
PT had attended a meeting about rural crime and some discussion took place with positive comments on the Farm Watch scheme being supported by the police.

Meeting closed at 8.35pm

THE CHAIRMAN AND PARISH COUNCILLORS WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL PARISHIONERS
A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR.
They would also like to thank the parishioners who have helped in many ways over the past year with supporting the work of the Council by attending meetings, delivering flyers, helping with the parish clear up and other small tasks. The community appreciates all you do.

. All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 29th December please.

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 5th
January 2017 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
PCSO Lucy Gumm will also be available from 7.00 -7.30pm if any parishioner wishes to have a private discussion about an issue.
For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon,
Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.
District Councillors: Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham