TRUDOXHILL ANNUAL COUNCIL MEETING

Minutes of meeting held on 4th May 2016

PRESENT:            C Galpin, C Midgley, S Salmon, A Steele, J Symes, P Twigger

                     7 members of the public

CLERK:                   Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:          None ______________________________________________________________________

Declaration of Interest:

None.

 

Election of Chairperson

Clerk asked Councillors for nomination(s) for Chairperson for the coming year. JS nominated PT, who was seconded by AS. No other nominations. A vote was then taken and all Cllr’s voted in favour. PT then resumed as Chairman.

 

1.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed them off as a true copy.

 

Meeting then suspended at 7.40pm for:

 

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner who lived near the site of Connor Construction updated the Council on her ongoing concerns about the site. She has written to Stuart Brown (Chief Executive of MDC) and David Woodridge (Enforcement Officer at MDC) outlining the issues and is considering taking the matter to the Local Ombudsman. The TPC has written to MDC and this will be discussed in 1.3. Copies of all correspondence has been circulated and are available from the Clerk.

 

Meeting resumed at 7.55pm

 

  • Planning

Application No: 2016/0734/LBC Alteration to the cellars to carry out bat migration work. Mr T Sanderson, Marston House, Marston Bigot. Cllr’s were impressed with the depth of information and could see no problem with this work. They all voted to Approve the Application

Application No: 2016/0264/FUL. MDC had Granted Planning Permission for the siting of a mobile home at Marston Main Farm.

 

1.2 Previous Subject Matters   

PT read out the Village Hall report from AS who attends the meetings. It included the plans for future events, in particular the Queen’s 90th birthday celebration, which is being supported by the TPC, Their AGM is on 30th June at 8pm. There is a potential problem with the noisy heating fan which, if it cannot be easily rectified, could cost up to £7,000 to replace.

 

1.3 Correspondence

PT was looking at the broadband voucher scheme and Cllr Skidmore suggested contacting Matt Barrow (Connecting Devon and Somerset) and Chris Atkins at MDC for additional advice/support. CG explained that CAMRA want, as a result of localism, parishes to nominate their local pubs as they are a valued part of the community. This could help safeguard them in future. CG has suggested this to the landlord of the White Hart, Graeme Barry, and will update TPC about the next move. The emails to MDC about Connor Construction were read out. Cllr Skidmore restated that some work to the trees is being done. SS requested that Clerk follow up again to ensure that continued pressure is put to check that the trees are being protected. Further information from Dick Skidmore followed about other aspects of the site as well as discussions about the background to the situation. It was agreed that the TPC will continue to support parishioners as much as possible and will be kept updated about future decisions taken by MDC.

 

1.4 Accounts for Payment

1.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

1.4.2 Clerk’s wages/expenses for Epsom printing cartridges – £103.20 / £31.49

1.4.3 PAYE/HMRC admin & end of year bank reconciliation – Jen Lewis – £100

 

  1. 5 Items to Report:

1.5.1 Website. CM will arrange to brief Cllr’s in how to access and add information to site.

1.5.2 Footpaths. CG has obtained Macmillan Way directional signs from their official website as requested by a parishioner and will place where appropriate. He also suggested as it is an important Footpath, local business may be able to advertise and benefit from it tracking through the parish. CM to raise awareness of this via the enewsletter. Problems have arisen with cars parking at the top of the south side of West End Lane. It is a Restricted Byway and only access to houses/land is allowed. CG has prepared a draft sign to put up to try to stop illegal parking but will check with the PSCO before commissioning two signs to be mounted on already established poles at the entrance to the lane. Clerk to send PCSO contact details to CG.

1.5.3 Repainting of phone box(s) – still awaiting quotes. JS will chase up. Clerk asked for decisions on waste bin for Community Garden and Dog Bin. Both chosen and will be ordered. Clerk will have to send map indicating their possible position to MDC who have to agree before they will add to the emptying cycle.

!.5.4 End Loneliness meeting. SS explained that although she was unable to attend the meeting, she did follow up and obtain information from them which she will pass on through Your View and the eNewsletter. CM is also keen to set up a monthly event for youngsters and the elderly/isolated. They will pursue the matter in more detail and report back.

1.5.5 RoSPA annual playground inspection is due with a cost of approx. £60.00. CM will organise and would like to discuss other aspects of maintenance at the June meeting. Clerk will add to the Agenda.

 

1.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

1.6.1. Annual Return. As part of the drive for more transparency, all parishes now have to sign Section 1 of the ‘Annual Governance statement’ before completing the rest of the form which is sent to the official auditors, Grant Thornton, later on. PT and the Clerk signed and copies were available for all present to study. All the information will be published on the website over the next few months after the internal audit has been completed. CG and CK will oversee the process to ensure all issues are correctly covered. Clerk has prepared an Audit Timeline with key dates and information and asked for official permission to pay the internal auditor (Ken Gray) a reasonable amount for the time he has given on a voluntary basis in the past. This was readily agreed as the TPC would wish to ensure his time and expertise are acknowledged.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

 

 The June 2016 Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30pm Thursday 2nd,                              Trudoxhill Village Hall

 

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon, Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham                      

                                                    

Upcoming Events
Categories
Archives