TRUDOXHILL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held on the 1st September 2016

PRESENT:            P Twigger, C Midgley, S Salmon, A Steele, District Cllr Skidmore

4 members of the public

CLERK:                   Georgina Blackshaw

APOLOGIES:          C Kenyon, C Galpin, J Symes & District Cllr Ham


Declaration of Interest:

None

5.0 The Minutes

Having been circulated, PT then signed off amended July and August Minutes.

Meeting then suspended at 7.35 pm for:

Members of the Public Comments:

A parishioner wished to comment on Application 2016/1970/TPO being discussed at the meeting. She was concerned that as a neighbour she had not received notification from MDC and that on viewing the details they appeared to be a rehash of previous submissions and were not vigorous enough. She presented copies of Google maps to the TPC to show the difference in the site in 2011 when there were no signs of any major works. The issues will be discussed later in the meeting (5.1)

A question was asked about Rob Davey (SCC Lines & Signs) having left his position. SS confirmed that she had been told that he no longer works for Highways but she explained she would be reporting positive progress made in this area later (5.5.3)

Meeting resumed at 7.50pm

5.1 Planning 

Application No: 2016/1970/TPO Remedial work to ground surrounding TPC trees. The Builders Yard, Cheese Hill . A full and detailed discussion took place with the TPC aware and pleased that some effort was eventually being made to address these issues. However SS expressed serious concern about the legality of the tarmac being placed around the trees and although in favour of work being done, not the way in which the company was approaching it. The term ‘construction’ was referred to but there has been no application submitted for construction and there are factual inaccuracies with Tree14 not listed. A parishioner and also a planning expert, Mr John Salmon, has provided a copy of his concerns which the Cllr’s had read. It was agreed that all his points were relevant and that they should be noted. It was suggested that they be sent as part of the TPC’s general comments. Concern expressed that MDC need to follow up to ensure all work is undertaken and that a financial bond could be imposed to ensure that they are. Cllr Skidmore informed Cllr’s that a new arboriculturalist had been employed who was working with the Case Officer, Bo Walsh and that Mr Walsh would make the final decision. A vote was taken to Refer to the Planning Officer and to include a copy of the paper produced by John Salmon in the General Observation section. Clerk will submit TPC comments by 05/09/16

Application2016/1530/FUL. Single storey extension. The Old School House. Cllr’s could not see any reason to object as the materials are appropriate. They voted to Approve the Application

Application No: 2016/1530/FUL Internal/external alterations to Marston House. TPC had sent their response by the required date of 23rd August. They had voted to Approve the Application.

5.2 Previous Subject Matters

5.2.1 Bus Service – proposed routes. The Clerk had asked the parishioner who used the bus which of the 2 routes she would prefer. She stated that either suggested timing/route would be acceptable. Cllr’s agreed that the main point was to get the service started and the Clerk had let Cllr Michael Gay (Wanstrow) know their decision. He will update us of progress.

5.3 Correspondence

All considered. PT will attend the Sept PACT meeting. The latest Connor Construction email from Enforcement Office was read out. Dick Skidmore explained that Mr Webb has a new solicitor who is in discussion with the legal team from MDC. A new site for the company is being sought and some progress is being made in that area. MDC Business Officer is involved. The TPC will continue to monitor the situation. Dick was thanked for his time and attendance.

5.4 Accounts for Payment

5.4.1 Grass cutting –Kev Gale – £100

5.4.2 Zurich Insurance – £468.25

5.4.3 Laser Printer for TPC – £54.99

5.4.4 Clerk’s wages – £103.20

5.4.5 Signs for West End Lane – £14.40

5.5 Items to Report:

5.5.1 Marston Church. As no representative was present, the Clerk will check the details on the initial email and include in these Minutes. Information now provided is as follows:

Marston Church.  Friday 23rd September 7.00pm – 9.00pm. Everyone is welcome at St Leonards to enjoy a glass of wine and celebrate the success of the Grant Application for repairs to the roof. The Architect and Stewardship Advisor will be present to discuss the plans, which will be available to view. All most welcome.

5.5.2 Highways –SS and the Clerk had met and toured the parish with Chris Betty, Senior Traffic Engineer, SCC. He looked at the signage and suggested more efficient use and placing of road signs plus advised about the most effective use of white lines to reduce speeding. There was a wide ranging and well informed discussion with him and he has now produced an Action Plan. Work should be completed by April 2017. SS has a summary of this and parishioners are being consulted about placing of signs in appropriate positions. There are plans for white lines to narrow the road at the ‘pinch point by Rose Cottage, lines at the sharp bend by The White Hart and at the approaches to Iron Mills Bridge. SS will continue to monitor and liaise with Chris and update the TPC. She will also contact Andrew Turner (SCC Highways) about the removal of vegetation obscuring signs in the parish and request that the reflectors on the bollards off the A361 entrance to Trudoxhill are cleaned. Issues raised by the Village Hall Committee were answered and AS will report back at their next meeting. If any parishioner wants more details, please contact Sheila by email ().

5.5.3 Village Hall Committee meeting. AS reported back details of the Summer Party on 17th September. Tickets now on sale, if anyone can help with this, please contact Steph Higgins (Secretary). Posters displayed on boards and on social media. The Chairman, Dean Silvester, has reported that the problems with the parking in the V Hall car park have been ‘semi-sorted’.

5.6 Other Business referred to the Clerk

5.6.1 Clerk will be away from 5th – 25th September. Draft Minutes will be completed and displayed before the 5th. Any amendments to her on 26th to update for the Oct TPC. She will send on all emails after the 26th but the Chairman, PT, will check the incoming information weekly. If a Planning Application is received with a response date before the next meeting, he will send on the information to all Cllr’s to check online at MDC and forward their opinions to him. He will then reply within the set time limit. If parishioners have any queries, they should contact the Chairman (836122) until the Clerk returns on 25th Sept

5.6.2 Coffee Morning for MacMillan Cancer Appeal will be held in the Village Hall on the morning of Friday 30th September. CM is organising – look out for details on posters/social media soon.

 

 Meeting closed at 8.45pm

All Agenda items to the Clerk by Wednesday 28th September please.

 

The next Trudoxhill Parish Council meeting will be on Thursday 6th October at 7.30pm in the Village Hall

For the attention of: Mr P Twigger, Mr C Galpin, Mr C Kenyon, Mrs C Midgley, Mrs S Salmon,

Revd. A Steele, Mr J Symes.  

District Councillors:  Dick Skidmore and Philip Ham